Cow Elk Leftover Wyoming

T

trealtree

Cow Elk Leftover Wyoming

Are there ever any leftover tags in the Bighorns? Trying to figure out a tag a friend can try for that did not make it into the draw. Or any other Ideas on what they could hunt on a leftover or over the counter tag?

RE: Cow Elk Leftover Wyoming

I print the list every year on elk/deer/antelope.

Do you have a specific unit in mind?

36/38/40 hda cow tags leftover last year.

Deer Region R sold out-----Region Y/M had a few leftover.

Robb

LAST EDITED ON Jun-13-11 AT 05:52AM (MST)[p]38. Is it worth getting a leftover cow tag? Are the numbers good? Never hunted for Elk. I will have a Deer tag for the General Area...hopefully

There will be plenty of cow tags left over in 38 once the draw has taking place, usually only 25% of the tags get drawn (if that) and the rest are sold over the counter. So no problem getting the tag, but you are limited in area 38 on what part you can hunt, the tags is NOT good for the whole area.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-13-11 AT 12:31PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-13-11 AT 12:31?PM (MST)

Thanks Wyo_ & PleaseDear, I appreciate the info.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-13-11 AT 01:02PM (MST)[p]Not only are those cow tags only good for a portion of unit 38, but they are also full-priced tags and there are none of the reduced price cow/calf tags offered for sale in 38. There is no way I would pay almost $600 ($577 + $12.50 Conservation Stamp)to shoot a cow, as well as being quite restricted as to where I could shoot it in the unit---JMHO!

Agreed topgun, I was just looking for options to tell my friend about.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom