Cow elk bang flop

Slick8

At 725 yards.

I hunted south central NM last weekend dodging rain and wind on Saturday and Sunday.

My BIL connected on Sunday morning at 315 across a tight canyon. I was set up and ready to shoot if they didn't go far but they scattered like a covey of quail.

We saw and made attempts the rest of Sunday through Monday before connecting on this one at last light Monday evening.

We had 3 groups glassed up trying to make a plan on one knowing that plan would likely be our evening. We got on a large group feeding after water. I had the cover to get closer but not the time. One shot at 725 was a bang flop.

Rifle specs.
APR built 338 edge on a Def An-Ti, Bart and the new Manners Pro Hunter topped with a 5-30 Trig.

Running 300 EOLs at 2740 tuned to .5moa at 600 in ADG brass and H1k.

20241021_193922.jpg
IMG_3290 (3).jpg
IMG_3292 (2).jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom