Cow elk area for 2012

dz

Very Active Member
I am looking for information on units to look at for a cow elk hunt. I am a numbers guy and study the stats, but with migrations and predator (wolf) impacts, that I'm not privy to, I am asking for some local help. I am looking for a resident type heard that if one puts in time and energy one can be successful. I will be bringing my 14 year old son. We can hunt some back country stuff, six miles or so is about what we are good for depends on the terrain. We are DIY hunters that hunt on our backs. Any help is appreciated, Thanks dz

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-11 AT 11:44AM (MST)[p]First I would look at the F&G website and see what units are going to have reduced price cow/calf licenses available for the 2012 season. That will tell you where the F&G thinks there are too many animals and need thinning out. Then go to maps and see how much public land there is in those units and get several picked out. If you need further input, then get back on the Forum and ask for more help. You may also want to look into the Craig, Colorado area. I see a lot of people are having good luck down there the last few years doing what you want to do with you son.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom