Couple nice Brown Trout...

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Larrbo offered me a meal and a boatride and from past experiences partaking in both, i forever will rarely decline his invites. We got out on Almanor about a hour before sunset and pulled a few nice fish on a beautiful evening.

Larrbo took this nice 4 pound Brown. He came in hot, jumped very nicely twice right near the boat, thought he was going to land himself for a while there, before finally coming to net.
562012-07-03_20-39-10_491.jpg

My fish hit hardly a minute after my first cast. Good scrap but we thought that he might be a big squawfish for awhile there. Very pleasant surprise, a honest 5 pound plus fish,
34322012-07-03_19-06-14_242.jpg

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Are them Browns sage?:D

Nice Job!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

Nice looking Fish Joey it's been along time since i caught any Brownsonly i need to get out there.

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

It's a hard place to make a living and the late fall thru early spring weather gets old after a few years but it really is a great place to live if you like to go fishing. :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Sage those are some great looking trout! Damn that reminds me too load up my fishing pole up for our camping today!

Spit that out Son! That ain't no Almond Joy!!!!

This is one of my favorite times to fish Lake Alamanor The Hex flies start emerging after 8PM and if it the big trout start feeding off of the surface. It is a blast to to pick those big boys off of the top with a dry pattern.
This was a great night of fishing with Sage, the lake is pretty that time of night and we had a large full moon coming up that was a nice touch. I haven't been hitting it as hard this year because my lower back is giving me fits.

Great fish you guys. They look to be in good shape too. Nice to see that Almanor is healthy.

I can't read your hat Joey, but I sure like it.

Eel

Nice fish guys,..joey you need to smile and give your face a rest...say hi to ron r. for me..
Mike

mod700, ya know, i've had people say that before on other pic's and looking at this picture, if not knowing how i felt as this pic was taken, i'd have to say that i'm not smiling too.

But i am, big time, for me anyway. Must be the mustache because i'm not only smiling inside and out, my buddy Larrbo is smiling as well and we are both having a grand ol time giving each other the Dickens as the camera clicked.

Must be the stash! I've had the thing over thirty years now and i just don't feel like giving it up so even though i may not look like i'm happy, believe me, if you could have seen into my eyes you'd know that i sure felt that way.

Joey

You guys only fish the drys or do you nymph fish too? I used to fish as early as 6:30 with nymphs and would always get a couple before the hatch came off.

Nice fish guys!!!!!!!!

13'er, crawlers are referred to as "garden Hackle".

I do love fly fishing with dry's. There are places, times, and many memories deep in my heart where one could cast to any number of rather good sized trout with most of them willing as long as i did my part. Fishing nymphs is also not such a bad thing to do and can be so deadly effective. There have been times i'd venture to wager, not really my style, to out catch the guy working with bait or spinners and it would be no contest.

It's all good, crawlers included! :)

Joey

Caelkslayer
When you were on the Robber fire, it came out of the bottom of Shirttail Canyon, which empties into the North Fork of the American River. I have caught one brown that was 23" out of Shirttail Creek. Days gone by, but it used to be one heck of a trout stream for bows and browns. Small Panther Martins, half a crawler or crickets. Just knocked the heck out of em!!
I mainly fish the middle fork of the American these days. Below Foresthill. Tough fishing, but great reward!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom