Counsel area Elk hunt

tracker12

Very Active Member
I have a few friends that asked if I wanted to accompany them on an archery elk hunt in the Counsel area. I know they have problems with the wolves in the area so wondering if it is worth the trip. Any insight on what the 2013 season might bring.

I used to hunt there but got tired of the masses of people and the wolves. The last year I hunted every wallow I hit (7-10 of them) had wolf tracks ll over them. I found one 4point that got ambushed and killed at the wallow. There are elk around but for me I didn't enjoy constantly running into guys 1 to 1.5 miles in.

Good luck if you do give it a go.

I'm guessing your from outta state. Here is what you do: Instead of buying an out of state license and out of state tags, take the family to Disneyland you would probably see less people.

I second what elkoholic said. I hunted that area for years and shot several bulls, but just got tired of the hunting pressure, so I moved on to other areas. I moved on before the wolves moved in, however you could be dealing with wolves in many areas you hunt, just have to be ready to be flexible and move if needed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom