Coulda Been Ugly!

grizzly

Long Time Member
We were having boat trouble while fishing at Devil's Creek in Idaho and drifted towards a baitfisher on shore. The @sshole put on the biggest lure he had and threw it at our boat and set the hook. Luckily it hooked in the carpet and broke his line, but if he woulda hooked my girl's face or took out her eye, it coulda been really ugly.

We didn't want to ruin a good day, so kept fishing, with one more lure than we started with. The coward took off in his POS Geo Metro.

But I can't get over what I would've done if he would've ripped her face apart. It actually scares me how easily I could've made things really bad for him, and more importantly me. If I go over to break his legs with some drift wood and he comes at me with his fillet knife, my concealed weapon looks pretty handy.

My point is, there's alot of responsibility to carrying a concealed weapon. Something could escalate to real bad real quick. Just be careful out there.

Grizzly

GLAD EVERYBODY IS O.K.!!!

WHY ARE MOST PEOPLE THAT DRIVE GEO METRO'S JACK-ASSES???

LAST YEAR I HAD TO FILL THE CAB OF A GEO METRO FULL OF BLACK SMOKE BECAUSE HE WAS BEING A JERK!!!

I'LL NEVER FORGET THE TIME MY BROTHER GOT HIS EAR PIERCED WITH A BIG OLE TREBLE HOOK!!!

I'LL DAMN SURE NEVER FORGET THE "POP/SNAP" SOUND THAT 30 LB TEST MADE WHEN IT BROKE!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Just a question: did your boat have a UT on it?

I know of a couple of us Utards that have had some real bad experiences in Idaho while hunting/fishing. One friend had his truck and horse trailer almost burned down when he was packed in elk hunting. Luckily someone came along before the fire got going too good.

I don't know why we can't all get along. We have enough enemies as it is with the PETAs and anti-gun crowd.

I had a funny experience with some Idahoans one day. We were at lunch break at a place we were working at in Utah. I was talking about going fishing in Idaho when these guys got all worked up. "You Utah jerks take all our game..." I said "Whoa fellas, I'll be glad to stop hunting and fishing in Idaho when you guys quit taking our jobs HERE IN UTAH!" Their attitude changed pretty quick.

I donate plenty to the Idaho economy and seldom even take a fish home (although they are perforated with some barbless holes.)

Anyway, let's get along and save the fight for the real enemy...

Hazmat

Grizz
It's hard sometimes to sit and let the stupid ones go, But now days it will just cost the honest guy too much. The 1-800-SUE-U is the downfall of things.

I hear you Grizzly. Having a concealed carry permit can get you into real trouble if you're not careful. You have to keep a cool head at all times. I've had to walk away from situations like that before.

Either that or verbally abuse the guy to the point he comes after you with his fillet knife. Then you're home free!:)

Eel

Seem to me the whole thing could have been avoided with simple communication.

If it were me, I would have hollered at the guy that I was having boat trouble and was sorry about drifting in too close. My guess is, the guy would have probably cut you some slack.

I've been on both sides of boat/shore angler troubles in Idaho many times while salmon and steelhead fishing. Whenever I was in a boat, which was rarely, I always watched for shore anglers and gave them a lot of room. The bankies are very limited in where they can fish effectively.

I had some idiots in a big jet boat pull in right in front of me one day on the Clearwater after I'd landed a nice steelhead. I mean to the point that I couldnt even cast 20 feet without being in their boat. Worse, they were pulling plugs and if you steelhead fish much, you know that pretty well screws up the hole for a while.

I threw a 2/0 steelhead hook along with a 1/2 ounce piece of pencil led into their boat. It wrapped around their stored fishing rods and I tried as hard as could to snap them off. I broke one before they cut my line, but they also got the point and kept their distance.

I have dozens of stories about the idiotic behavior of people down there...its amazing how 20 guys can fish all day without a problem if they know what they're doing. While at the same time you can get one idiot and it makes it almost unbearable to fish.

This same thing can and has happend to me with wakeboard boats. I bass fish alot and always work the shore line but the $#%&#$'s in those boats think I would just love to be buzzed by them and there 3' wake. So I do the only thing I can do, tie on a 3/4oz spinner bait and bounce it off the side of their boat or off the windsheld. (Note put it on a rod with 10lb test or less, if it does hang up ez to brake)

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

On the lighter side, I remember back when you could salmon fish on the Eel River here in Northern CA. The fish were in strong and there were bank fishermen on both sides of the river. One guy got a "bite", reefed back hard on his rod, and yelled "Fish on!!". He was actually snagged up with a guy across the river and when he reefed back to set the hook, the guy he was hooked up with lost his balance and ended up in the river clear up to his neck! We all got a good laugh out of that one!

Eel

Fish in the Eel river man you are old. LMFAO

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

What worries me most about this situation is that it appears to be so common-place. Both in that it happens a lot and that apparently a lot of guys think it's OK to fling a lure at someone or bounce it off their boat. WTF? What's wrong with a little communication and an apology and working it out? Some times you gotta concede and let the other guy have the spot and sometimes you get it. It should work both ways. We don't need to be fighting among ourselves.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-08 AT 02:06PM (MST)[p]Like the old saying it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. I myself Like this other one .Kick his A$$ then asked questions. I'm glad no one in your party was hurt

A long time ago, when there was an opening day for fishing season, a friend asked me to go fishing with him and another friend that had a boat. We went to Minersville reservoir. As we were loading the boat to get out on the lake, I noticed a HEAVY action deep sea boat rod with a giant level wind reel loaded with what looked like 80 lb. line. I asked him what he was planning on catching with that, and he just smiled. Well, we got under way and made our way across the lake to start trolling with flatfish. As we got closer to the dam where everybody was elbow to elbow bank fishing, this friend started letting out the line of that monster rod and reel. I could tell he was bouncing off of the bottom as we went along. Pretty soon I noticed a ruckus starting up on the bank about 150 yards behind our boat, and the friend with the big rod started laughing and reeling in. He pretty much cleared the area of terminal tackle. When he got all his line reeled in, he had a mess of tangled hooks, sinkers, bobbers, and even a few lures. He says to me, "that should last me the rest of the season".

I know, what a jerk.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom