Could This Explain The Spider Bull?

2lumpy

Long Time Member
OutdoorWriter posted this site a few hours ago under the title:

"MI State-Record Buck Found Dead"

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photo...state-record-buck-found-dead-clinton-michigan

OutdoorWriter I hope this isn't stealing your post, not my intent.

When I saw this article and the associated pictures I was stunned. Sometimes nature throw a curve ball and if the assumptions made in this article prove correct this is a hum-dinger.

If this deer grew this much antler in one year it MIGHT explain how the Spider Bull taken by Denny Austad could have lived his whole life on Monroe Mountain and never been discovered by those who saw him at a younger age or even having is sheds from previous years.

Not looking for another bashing event just thought some of you folks might find it interest too.

Thanks for sharing this info. Tony

This 240-class buck found dead on a 10-acre property west of Clinton, Michigan, on Feb. 7 is potentially the highest-scoring whitetail ever recorded in the state's record book. The 26-pointer boasts 31-inch main beams and a 28 6/8-inch inside spread. This is the story of a fallen monster.

4038mich1.jpg.jpeg

9478mich6.jpg

The Michigan DNR will do an age analysis, but Guenther says his initial examination of the buck?s teeth leads him to think it was 4 ? years old. ?I can't imagine what he'd have been like next year.?

6100mich19.jpg.jpeg

?One guy at the meeting had shot a buck that grossed 205, and one of his buddies held it up to compare. He said, ?Man, I finally shoot a 200 and you make it look like a basket rack.? I kind of felt bad for the guy," Guenther jokes.

8612mich8.jpg.jpeg

This shed antler found last winter about 50 yards from where the buck died shows how far he'd come in a year.

7295mich14.jpg.jpeg

?It's got the split brow tines, and the back brow tine has a little curl on it. He added two stickers on front this year, but one is identical," Guenther said. "The shed is broke off just past the G2, but the G2 is the same, twisted and kind of bladed with a sticker out the back.?

7367mich15.jpg.jpeg

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photo...found-dead-clinton-michigan?cmpid=enews031810

Wow
I wonder if there was any foodplots in the area he roamed or if he was in a common area of farming and trees.

He sure grew alot in one year. the Mass he put on.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Kinda hard to compare with all the genetically engineered food plots and salt licks and vitamins and steroids those whitetail guys are using now. As much as I am not a fan of Doyle, I don't think he is out planting and harvesting on the monroe any steroid plants, not because he wouldn't but because enough guys would see him. While I don't think that ugly spider is 100% Rocky mtn. elk, I do think sometimes nature kicks out a freak.

I think a deer could easily put on 30" of antler in one year... Especially eatin steroid laiden apples... :)

And just for the record, the "Spider Bull" IS definitely ugly... LOL

He would have looked beautiful on my wall...
----------------------------------------
Hoyt Katera XL
Spot Hogg Seven Deadly Pin
Fuse Acculaunch
Fuse Satori
G5 Matreo Strings
"I don't miss, I just don't hit him on purpose"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom