Cougar Attack in Summit County

gznokes

Very Active Member
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=16430071

In my opinion this is a cougar that should be tracked with dogs right away. Cougars stalking around homes are not a good thing. I personally don't think the news media, nor the DWR did a good job of discussing the issues at hand when dealing with a cougar like this.

I guess I don't know quite where you're coming from. They said they tried to track the cat and would have put it down if they had found it. People were made aware that the animal is in the area and it doesn't seem like there is much more they can do unless it appears again and they can get dogs on it right away.

If it would have been a full grown lion, and wanted to attack.....he wouldn't have told the story. Something fishy about this story or it's a very young inexperienced lion. A full grown lion would have crushed his foot, not dented his shoe. I'd like to know the whole story.

There were no tracks and no scent????? his filthy shoes hardly had a scratch???? The Cat hit his leg with razor sharp claws, no marks, pants not torn... hmmmm.... I'm callin BS

i smell fish! bs. full grown tom would have done more damage. even a young one would have done more noticeable damage.

I just got word!

A major Law Suit is on the way!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Young cat forsure! If it happened the way the story was told. Lions don't attack feet! Sounds more like the lion was on defence than kill mode! They kill at the neck. More than likely a young kitten whos mother was killed!!!!

It did not attack at all! Are people reading the article or just going by other posts? It specifically stated the cat swiped a paw at his leg doing no damage and then HE kicked it in the face, which left tooth marks on his shoe! If that had been a full grown lion, I would imagine that would have ticked him off enough to defend himself and not run off.

Not related, but you may find it interesting;

Mature lion found dead on Joaquin Miller rd in Oakland, Ca. It had been hit by a car at night. Probably 100,000 people within a 1 mile radius of that spot

Yeah, the guy said he believed the lion was as surprised as was he....HE kicked it and it ran away. That seems quite credible...for a YOUNG cat.

While hunting, I surprised an adult lion (REAL heavy wind) once; it appeared almost startled, made a noise (don't know if I'd say growl but it certainly was not a snarl) and ran before I could do anything. Certainly had it reacted differently, I'd have had a big problem. The guy in the story, said it ran. That's what lions usually do.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

I have been attacked by a cougar a couple times...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Let's hope they were Female Cougars Snort!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Sounds like a tall tail.. i had one in my towns city limit this year. while pickin up whttail bone i found two kills and cut fresh tracks everyday i went. i was pretty much staying in a 20 acre cottonwood patch. stayed there for over a month. its tracks where small but everywhere. i know that it knew i was in there, i knew it was.

6980img_4437.jpg

I pulled on a young tom lion's tail today to get his attention for a photograph.....sure glad he didn't attack me!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom