Cottonwood Canyon Goat Pic

gznokes

Very Active Member
I photographed this you billy on Sat before I went skiing at Snowbird. I was sitting there in the park and ride parking lot of Little Cottonwood talking to another guy who said he usually sees them on the South facing slope. The ones I usually see are on the North facing slopes in the cliffs.

49a23d54208ac3f8.jpg

Anyway, just thought I'd ask what people know about the herd. Where is the summer range? I always thought it was on the South side of the canyon pretty much right there at the mouth--just way way up. How about the numbers in the herd?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-09 AT 09:41PM (MST)[p]cool picture . Some of the goats spend the summer in Mineral Fork , between Big and Little Cottonwood Canyon . Not sure about herd numbers , but I think there is lots of goats in the area . I was at the mouth of Little Cottonwood one day and counted over 70 goats on the south and north side . I think the heard is spreading out in the last couple of years . I'm seeing more of them in Big Cottonwood , and have seen them in Millcreek and Parleys Canyon .

nice pic, i love to set up my spotter and watch the ones above willard, crazy place they call home!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom