COTD 4/9- Just for YUKON DALL

Roy

OK YD - since you have had so much fun this week with the Cop-shun contest - here is one in honor of all fire fighters, or fire observers...

4773gorilla.jpg

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Hell Roy, anybody can see it's two cops watching the firefighters doing all the work.

Au contraire mon frere... my trained eye tells me that the "fireman" in the background of the left picture is not a fireman at all. That is actually Michael Jackson moonwalking. Real firemen have not worn uniforms like that since Pepsi got sued.

COME ON ROY......EVERYONE LOVES A FIREFIGHTER, THEIR THE GOOD GUYS. COPS ARE A WHOLE DIFFERENT SET OF PROBLEMS.....I SEE RELH IS STILL GETTIN HIS CHOPS BUSTED ON THE COP-SHUN POST......YD.

Local residents look on as the only house of ill repute in Hampton catering to meth users, Michael Jackson impersonators, and NBA mascots burns down...... Terry

Yukon dall;

You still are P.O.ed about me telling you that the number one occupation for arsonists arrested by us cops is firefighters.

RELH

"You still are P.O.ed about me telling you that the number one occupation for arsonists arrested by us cops is firefighters."

Is the number one occupation for rapists arrested gynecologists?
...Terry

I'll let you decide. Before you start thinking I do not like firemen, I happen to know quite a few of them and have high regards and respect for the majority of them. In fact I have had several firemen who were reserve deputy sheriffs and rode many hours with me and I fully trusted them to back me when the crap hit the fan.

Everynow and then I will run across a fireman who seems to have a thing about dinging cops for some reason, and I just like to throw the spear back at them.

As for the fireman-arsonist thing, it is true and taught to law enforcement to always keep in mind when you have a series of arson fires that appear to have been set by someone who appeared to have a trained knowledge about setting the fires.

I remember taking classes about arson fires from one of the best rated state fire marshalls in my state. He was arrested several years later for setting numerous fires in every city he traveled too giving training lectures. It took several cops to connect some of the fires and using behavor analysis pointed to the person being a fireman. After that it was just good footwork to narrow down the suspect list and arrest and convict him

It seems he felt he was smarter then the average bear and thought he would never be caught. He did it for kicks for his inflated ego.

He tarnished every good firemen just as a bad cop tarnishes the good cops.

RELH

RELH, I remember that guy from the news reports.

I had an experience with a fire investigator once. I was out deer hunting and came across an arson started forest fire. I drove out to the main road and flagged down a logging truck who reported it on his CB radio. I waited there and led the fire truck back into the fire. The fire investigator showed up and grilled me pretty good. He was just doing his job, no problem. I finally left and drove on around the mountain and low and behold I found another fire! So I drove back and reported it. Now the investigator is sure I am the one who started both fires. He starts hard assing me and has me go over my story several times. I finally told him I'm wasting my valuable hunting time and that his best lead would be to check his off duty roster list. I thought the poor guy was going to have a heart attack he got so red faced.

I'll think twice before I ever report another fire.

Eel

I really can not blame for thinking twice next time. That fire marshall last name started with a "G". and I will let it go at that.

Sounds like you just missed the person who started those two fires, who may have been using a vehicle to start several fires along the road. Very common pattern on wildland fires.

There has been several forest fires started by seasonal fire fighters because they wanted the over time involved in being on the fire line for an extended time to make for a big check.

It makes big news when they get caught and all the honest good firefighters have to take heat for the bad apple that betrayed the trust.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom