Cop Shop?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I hate scumbags as well as the next guy but all these shoot em up, zap em up, he got what was coming to him threads might just warrant a new Forum...Cop Shop.

Some are interesting enough but i have had several good friends that chose to be Cops and i stopped going to their parties because they eventually ended up all in a group talking about how they busted some guys head open or likewise.

What do you think, a new forum, Cop Shop? Ah, maybe not...lol

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey did those cop friends end up in a corner talking shop because the non cop party goers have a tendency to shy away from them?

My wife and I would go to a party given by a friend, and when I would walk in the door, someone in the crowd would whisper to other party goers, "watch what you say, that guy is a cop".

RELH

RELH, Kinda, and yes, i could understand that! Most of the guys at those parties were either City Cops, Deputy Sheriffs, or Prison Guards, same same for the most part, so they didn't seem to mind who was there as they were in the majority and seemed to really enjoy talking shop.

I fit in with those guys pretty good. Some i had played Ball with in school and we all were pretty much the same only i had early on decided against a career in Law enforcement because i felt i'd have a really hard time putting someone i knew or liked in jail.

Later on, i worked a second job on weekends as a bartender at a bar that was a hangout for Cops. One can sometimes get a pretty good idea of the makeup of a person when they bar-tend for them. Generally, i don't like em, i don't hate them. There are good and bad in every profession so i go by the person, not what they do for a living. I just notice that there are lots of Cop threads here lately and the position that gets dominated is by those that either work(ed) in the profession or are supportive to their cause.

Maybe a "Cop Shop" Forum is warranted aside from the "Campfire". I don't know, thought i'd mention the possibility.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Not to take a stand either way on your question......but it reminds me of one of my best friends who died a long time ago. He was the Marshall here in Humboldt County. His wife and my wife were good friends their whole lives, and when she married Ron, we all became friends. When we got together he talked shop a lot. He started out working in the jail then moved to Bailiff. He ran for Marshall and I actively work on his campaign. He won, even with my help, but I'm sure it cost him some votes:).

He was a good Marshall but he should have been a stand up comedian. He had a way of telling stories that literally left you in stitches.(most related to his work as LE) To this day I've never laughed as hard.

When he died I swear the whole town showed up to his funeral.

I miss him.

Carry on!

Eel

Cops Ain't so Bad!

Don't know if they Profit their Own Forum Though?

I do know this:

You ever get pulled over by a UHP!

Don't ask em if they know 1911!

If you do Ask!

They'll say:

And I Quote:

"""Never heard of the PLICK!"""

:D:D:D!!!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I like coppers, 'cept they stole our haircuts, wear BDU-type pant now and swiped our 1* logo and put a "thin blue line" through it and called it their own. If they really wanted to earn those thing from us military type, they should have signed up, been sitting next to us on Feb 21st, 1991 and helped me/us suppress an un-efing-godly amount of small arms fire for f-in hours and hours and not pissed their BDUs. All the while there is no way any medical help could get to me and three others with bullet wounds until they turned tail and rode their carpets out of there.
That's why, when a cop pulls his cop attitude on me I think to myself, "if you had any idea what I've been through so you can stand there and treat me with that puffy-chested attitude, you'd be kissing my azz right now". But I can't because "their cops by god".
Other than that, I like cops.

Bess is 1911 a Sgt. now on the force. If he is, you would be wise not to mention him to any patrolman that may stop you. With your luck, it would be a patrolman that 1911 just chewed a$$ on at roll call and you get the ticket as his way to get back at 1911 for chewing his a$$.

RELH

Longbow you may be surprised just how many cops are ex-military. When I started in 74, about 40% of my dept. was ex-military and Viet Nam vets. One of my first partners was ex Special Forces and ex army like me. Had a lot of former marines also.
Still holds true for gulf was vets.but I will admit that a lot of departments, mainly in big cities have lowered the standards to what I was used to in the 70's and they get alot of riff raft and John Wayne snydrome types that they have to weed out later.
I remember under CETA in the 80's we had to lower our standards to allow more minorities to pass the entrance exam. First several we got under that progam washed out at the academy and we never had a wash out prior to that. Good old affirmative action is not so good in some careers if it requires standards being lowered.

RELH

>Bess is 1911 a Sgt. now
>on the force. If he
>is, you would be wise
>not to mention him to
>any patrolman that may stop
>you. With your luck, it
>would be a patrolman that
>1911 just chewed a$$ on
>at roll call and you
>get the ticket as his
>way to get back at
>1911 for chewing his a$$.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>RELH

Kinda what I figured there RELH!

:D:D:D!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

REHL, I appreciate your reply. I've sat around a campfire with my bro-in-law and his four cop buddies as they gleefully recounted many stories of arrests, confrontations and other altercations with the pubic. One statement still rings in my mind is "you can't mess with us we're the f-in cops". Now we were all drinking a bit and they were in a perfectly safe and ethical position to do so but, still, I had to wonder what they would do if they were suddenly faced with someone who didn't think as highly as they did of themselves. Do they think of everybody else as subordinates? Some of them do.
I need to say that I don't think most cops are bad lest you think I do. I just think cops these days are way more military acting/wanna be than of years past.

Hey LongBow!

You ever thought what it'd be like to Deal with all the JOKERS We have in this Crazy World We live in on a Daily Basis?

I Tried being a Cop once!

My Cop Career was short!:D

Figured I'd just kinda try it on my own & see if I liked it before I got Serious about makin a Full time Career out of it!

It was perty fun there for a couple weeks!

Pullin people over!

Scarin the Shite out of them!

It all came to a Quick end!

Things have Changed a lot in the last 30+ years!

I only have one problem with Cops!

There's a Hell of a lot more worse Crimes going on out there than me 'Speeding'!:D

You gotta Respect them though!

They're putting their Lives on the Line every day for Our Safety!

Stay Safe Everybody & let's Give Our 1911's a Big Thanks for the Job they do for us!

Your right Bessy, I really have to give them respect. At least I knew that everyone I came in contact with wanted to kill me and I was ready for it all the time. These days, cops never know. It could be a sharp looking gentleman he pulls over that pulls a gun and starts blazing.
And when you say things have changed in the last 30 years, your right. Maybe that's why cops have changed too. You've made good points.

Just my opinion but I don't think we need a cop forum since there are plenty of those all ready out there that deal with more LEO topics. I know for me I visit the campfire to get away from Cop topics and attempt to interact with people that are not likely in the same business I am in. Maybe a forum for Jodog and the cop hatters just so I know not to click or visit that forum.

In 23 years of doing this I have just seen lots of changes and attitude towards law enforcement in general and in my mind a lot of it has to do with how information is so easily shared on the internet and social media. All the anti police information and videos that are shared on the computer are swaying peoples perception of the police just because they see a video and think all cops are bad. In the last couple of years I have had kids like 8-10 year olds that have just walked by me and called me a pig while I'm getting a drink at the 7-11. It goes through my mind where did they get that attitude and its likely something their parents have taught them. I feel bad for kids like that because the parents are not doing their kids any favors.

I have said it before and its no lie there are some bad cops out there just like any profession but there are some people that should maybe try walking a mile in the other persons shoes before they get so vocal and spread their hate.

>That's why, when a cop pulls
>his cop attitude on me
>I think to myself, "if
>you had any idea what
>I've been through so you
>can stand there and treat
>me with that puffy-chested attitude,
>you'd be kissing my azz
>right now".

Foundation, I guess you could take my quote and take out the word "cop" and replace it with "jerk". I'll bet you've thought something similar to that before. In hindsight, I shouldn't have been so caustic in my reply and I apologize to any coppers out there.

Another thing I think has changed attitudes towards cops and glorified violence is those stupid video games. I see these kids cheering when they get extra point for killing cops, hookers...etc. These guys know their military guns better than I do and they've never seen one in real life let along carried an M16 on a ready-sling under their armpit and an M9 Berreta on their thigh. They also haven't seen someone get shot in real life. The sight, the smell of lung blood, twitching. It's not the same. How about walking up on someone you just shot and having to decide whether to plug him again or try to save him. Or the years you'll spend thinking about the other families worlds away who's father/son you've taken away from them.
You can't tell me the attitudes towards cops of some of these punks didn't come somewhat from those killing games.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-14 AT 12:00PM (MST)[p] Good point Longbow. The games and movies have really made things hard for the younger generation. Working as a homicide Detective I have put people on death row and the last guy in my mind had no idea or concept between right or wrong and that there were consequences for his actions.

Things have changed for sure. When I started it was pretty common for the old guys to tell us rookies that we would likely never even use our weapons during our career in sleepy Utah but things changed drastically about ten years ago. Now I supervise the new batch of rookies and I know that most of them during their careers will be involved in several shootings and situations that will be arm chair quarterbacked by a bunch of lawyers that have no idea what it feels like to be looking down the wrong side of a barrel and by the public that as seen way to many cop shows and will wonder why we didn't use a taser against the guy with a knife because in their mind they could do it.

Your also correct on things are different in the real situation and watching a person, any person good or bad die right there on the ground,is a difficult situation. Makes it even harder when you know and have worked with the person. It cant help but change a guy, but yet society freaks out when the cops have to raise there voice when we tell some one to stay in their car. We aren't mind readers and know what that persons intentions are of why they are doing something we told them not to do, all we can fall back on is our training and past experience of the dirt bag that jumps out and starts shooting.

No easy answers or quick fixes on a problem that will continue to grow.

Foundation wrote, "I know for me I visit the campfire to get away from Cop topics and attempt to interact with people that are not likely in the same business I am in."

I agree with that. I too visit the Campfire hoping it's not flooded with Cop Topics. That was the reason behind my suggestion.

Joey

Joey, you got to admit that talking cop shop is more entertaining then talking about "plumber's butt".

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-14 AT 11:27PM (MST)[p]>Joey, you got to admit that
>talking cop shop is more
>entertaining then talking about "plumber's
>butt".
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

Plumbers should come up with a logo of a 1* with a thin brown line through it. Come on guys, you know that's funny. {I'll just see myself out}.

EASY!

EASY!

I've always liked My Plumbers Crack!

5505plumberscrack.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom