Cop killer dead! Should never have been on streets...

Roy

Gee thanks Gov. Huckabee. This guy really deserved a second chance...

Official: Police kill suspect in cop shootings

Report: Ex-con wanted over coffee shop slayings is shot in Seattle street

BREAKING NEWS
msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 6:09 a.m. CT, Tues., Dec . 1, 2009

SEATTLE - Seattle police have fatally shot the suspect in the slayings of four police officers, an official said Tuesday.

Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said Maurice Clemmons, 37, was shot early Tuesday in a Seattle neighborhood.

Clemmons had been wanted in connection with the gunning down four police officers at a coffee shop Sunday morning in Lakewood, a suburb about 35 miles south of Seattle.

Citing a police source, The Seattle Times reported Clemmons was standing outside in South Kenyon Street when he was confronted by officers. The source said Clemmons challenged the officers and was shot around 2:40 a.m. local time.

The announcement came after dozens of police officers fanned out over two counties, storming homes and canvassing city streets with dogs.

Earlier, police said Clemmons had received help since the Sunday morning shooting from a network of friends and family who gave him places to stay, medical aid, rides and money, police said. Officers detained a sister of Clemmons who they think treated the suspect's gunshot wound.

"We believe she drove him up to Seattle and bandaged him up," Ed Troyer told reporters.

Police believe people close to Clemmons misled officers, and Troyer said anyone who helped him could face charges. Clemmons' sister wasn't in custody late Monday, and her name wasn't released.

Authorities said the gunman singled out the Lakewood officers and spared employees and other customers at the coffee shop. He then fled, but not before he was apparently shot in the torso by one of the dying officers.

Killed were Sgt. Mark Renninger, 39, and Officers Ronald Owens, 37, Tina Griswold, 40, and Greg Richards, 42.

Increasingly erratic
Police said they aren't sure what prompted Clemmons to shoot the officers as they did paperwork on their laptops. Clemmons was described as increasingly erratic in the past few months and had been arrested earlier this year on charges that he punched a sheriff's deputy in the face.

Troyer told the Tacoma News-Tribune that Clemmons indicated the night before the shooting "that he was going to shoot police and watch the news."

Police surrounded a house in a Seattle neighborhood late Sunday following a tip Clemmons had been dropped off there. After an all-night siege, a SWAT team entered the home and found it empty. But police said Clemmons had been there.

Police frantically chased leads on Monday, searching multiple spots in the Seattle and Tacoma area and at one point cordoning off a park where people thought they saw Clemmons.

Authorities found a handgun carried by the killer, along with a pickup truck belonging to the suspect with blood stains inside. They posted a $125,000 reward for information leading to Clemmons' arrest and alerted hospitals to be on the lookout for a man seeking treatment for gunshot wounds.

The Seattle Times reported that detectives had believed Clemmons has access to several weapons, including rifles, shotguns and handguns,

According to the Seattle Times, detectives were actively are filtering through more than 350 tips.

Authorities in two states were criticized amid revelations that Clemmons was allowed to walk the streets despite a teenage crime spree in Arkansas that landed him an 108-year prison sentence. He was released early after then-Gov. Mike Huckabee commuted his sentence.

Huckabee cited Clemmons' youth in granting the request. But Clemmons quickly reverted to his criminal past, violated his parole and was returned to prison. He was released again in 2004.

"This guy should have never been on the street," said Brian D. Wurts, president of the police union in Lakewood. "Our elected officials need to find out why these people are out."

Huckabee said on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor" Monday night that Clemmons was allowed back on the street because prosecutors failed to file paperwork in time.

Pulaski County Prosecutor Larry Jegley, whose office opposed Clemmons' parole in 2000 and 2004, said Huckabee's comments were "red herrings."

"My word to Mr. Huckabee is man up and own what you did," Jegley said.

Clemmons was charged in Washington state earlier this year with assaulting a police officer and raping a child, and investigators in the sex case said he was motivated by visions that he was Jesus Christ and that the world was on the verge of the apocalypse.

But he was released from jail after posting bail with the assistance of Jail Sucks Bail Bonds.

Documents related to those charges indicate a volatile personality. In one instance, he is accused of gathering his wife and young relatives and forcing them to undress.

"The whole time Clemmons kept saying things like trust him, the world is going to end soon, and that he was Jesus," a Pierce County sheriff's report said.

The Associated Press and msnbc.com staff contributed to this report.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34194122/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I'd of told him:
Yes,your world is gonna end soon & HUNG that lowlife 20 years ago,is that ethical?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-09 AT 09:34AM (MST)[p]Killing him did not do anyone or him any justice! He needed a good old fashioned medieval dismemberment!! Sad sad deal for the cops and family!!:( God bless them!

Surprisingly, the NAACP has been quiet in this whole mess.
As all are rounded up in the aiding and abetting charges, they will probably start speaking up. Up here, they always do.

_/|,[___]
|--_--o||||o
()_) ()_)---)_)

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-09 AT 11:52AM (MST)[p]Finally a little justice, for those poor Families, I just hope they catch the freaks that helped him.

They did it far nicer than he deserved.

Bless the poor Families,and the community.

Where is Al Sharpton?
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

>Where is Al Sharpton?
>Eric

Somewhere stretching a rope?....Oh sorry that was just my wish full thinking....

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Well, now that this maggot has been disposed of, they can transition into the capture and prosecution of those responsible for aiding and abetting. Mister Huckabee would be a good place to start. Nobody aided more than the one responsible for commuting his 95 year sentence handed down after being convicted of violent felonies. Fantastic decision on that one sir.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Best news I heard all day.Finally some closure for the families of the victums.

I hate to say this, I really do, and I don't want anyone to take it the wrong way. I hate Adolf Hitler for all he did, but he did stumble onto the soultion to the over crowding in the prisons. I wish we could do that today. I'm so sick of innocent people being victimized because of our failed justice system I could puke!

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

>Well, now that this maggot has
>been disposed of, they can
>transition into the capture and
>prosecution of those responsible for
>aiding and abetting. Mister
>Huckabee would be a good
>place to start. Nobody
>aided more than the one
>responsible for commuting his 95
>year sentence handed down after
>being convicted of violent felonies.
> Fantastic decision on that
>one sir.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

They have started rounding up scumbags, they have 5 in custody and the news says more to come. His family were involved. If they condoned,supported his actions, they should get the maximum penalty, whatever that is.It was reported they were trying to get him out of state.

_/|,[___]
|--_--o||||o
()_) ()_)---)_)

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Eel' I hate to say this on a public forum, but I'll throw the first canister to set a precedent.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom