Contest Results Updated for #23.

npaden

Here's the updated results.

MM_Score_Contest_2011_23_Page_1.sized.jpg

MM_Score_Contest_2011_23_Page_2.sized.jpg

Really starting to get to some small print so here is a link to the full size images if you want to actually read them.

http://padens.com/v-web/gallery/mmcontest/MM_Score_Contest_2011_23_Page_1?full=1

http://padens.com/v-web/gallery/mmcontest/MM_Score_Contest_2011_23_Page_2?full=1

theox ends up back in first place after this contest and downhill drops down into 4th.

twoshooter was the big upward mover this week going from 9th to 3rd.

Ozzman dropped from 4th to 14th and NoDoe didn't enter for the 3rd week in a row and dropped from 3rd to 56th!

As always if you see any errors let me know and I will get them corrected. The results for each individual contest is posted at the bottom of each one if you want to check individual scores.

Thanks, Nathan

Analyzing the standings right now, theox is in pretty good shape with 2 more decent scores that are getting dropped so another bad guess or 2 isn't going to hurt him that bad.

marley is in a little worse shape. He can't make another bad guess or some big scores come into play!

downhill still has one good score that is getting dropped and Twoshooter isn't in bad shape either, with 2 decent scores currently being dropped.

Trix4me is down in 15th place but he has actually been the most consistently good guesser with his worst guess off by only 8 1/8" and his average guess off by less than 5". The problem is that he hasn't gotten really close enough times and missed one contest. He could still be a wild card in the contest if there are some very difficult to score animals ahead of us.

Only 6 more contests to go!

I posted this mistake in the elk forum as well but the official gross score of this week was 366 1/8 and you have it down as 388 2/8s. So Sniper14's score should be 0 and he has a .125.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-26-11 AT 11:25AM (MST)[p]i really hate to do this haha but i gotta... i think you errored me in favor of an eighth inch on this one. i was 1 5/8 off i guessed 367 6/8 on this guess. you have me marked for 1.5 off. should have been 1.625 i believe
please double check mine thanks

Okay. I did mess up on the actual score somehow so everyone is off by 1/8th on contest 23. I'll get that fixed and just replace the current images when I get them updated.

I'd like to say I made the mistake on purpose just to see if anyone was checking, but I just made a mistake keying the score.

If anyone sees any other mistakes just let me know.

Thanks, Nathan

So rigged!! I should be #1 and I am not on the list!! LOL JK

Nice work Nathan!! Very nice of you to put this together for everyone. Pretty cool. I get a kick out seeing this. I am not a fantasy football guy, but in the hunting world this pretty damn close. We have some dang good field judges on here!!!

Okay, everything is updated for the 1/8" difference.

Now I can see why marley wanted it fixed, he is now tied for 1st place!

Hey now...... what I pointed out wouldn't have change my position.....Theox was just an honest guy.....give him props.

>Hey now...... what I pointed out
>wouldn't have change my position.....Theox
>was just an honest guy.....give
>him props.

Actually the only thing I changed was the actual score to the correct 366 1/8". That is was was wrong with theox's score being off by the 1/8".

When it was all said and done the change made his score worse by 1/8" and your score better by 1/8" and that got you tied up.

Pressure is still on you though because you don't have any big misses left to give. theox still does! He could miss the next one by 100" and he would only drop down to 7th place and that is assuming that everyone ahead of him guessed it exactly right.

If I was a gambling man I would list theox as the favorite to win as of now. But there are 6 contests left so it is still anyone's game.

marley, on contests 15, 16, 20 and 23 you missed by a whopping total of 2.00" combined. That's 1/2" average per contest on those.

Pretty amazing you could be that close and still not win any of the individual contests.

I'm in last place so no big deal really, however I'm trying to figure out jow this score shhet works.
I guessed 347 and the score was 366 how is the 37.5 calculated?
What does the drp stand for? and the large categories?

I apologize if I have missed this in anotheer post.
Thanks for putting on the contest. It sure is fun to see your own computer guessing skills over several weeks.

The 37.5 is the 18.75 difference between your guess and the actual doubled. When you said that 347 3/8 was your guess with post #136 I didn't notice that you were just commenting that it was actually the guess that you already made in post #126 so it ended up getting entered for you twice.

I will remove the second guess!

The drp is the number of scores that each person is allowed to drop from their score. If you have entered all the contests you get to drop 3 of them.

The Large1, 2, and 3 are the largest differences for each person.

The net number is the one that counts, it is a formula that takes the gross score and then removes the larges differences that you are allowed to drop.

The whole thing works off a pivot table.

I'm actually pretty proud of it! :)

I don't get any credit for the contests though, I'm just tabulating the results. Monarch Taxidermy is the one who needs to get the credit for these contests, they are great!

Thanks, Nathan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom