Conservation Tags

N

Nbhunter2

I bet it feels good to be holding 10 plus points on you favorite Deer, Elk, Sheep, or other dream once in a lifetime or limited entry hunt unit in Ut. I know, I will feel better knowing there are enough conservation, expo, CWMU, and Landowner tags to fill a dump truck. Not saying there all bad, just too many!!! Lets find better ways to raise money for conservation that wont take away our permits. Your children will thank you.

get rid of the cwmus, what a rip off . those are your tags they are selling. and more every year,,,!!!

True Elkun but getting rid of the CWMU tags will just loose hunting privileges for everyone. The land owner may not get those tags but the public that can draw tags on a CWMU will not be able to hunt. The landowner will just put the property off limits. Maybe just charge a big trespass fee.

birdman, that 10 % is not worth the bull sizzz,,,,, more people lost hunting privileges than we gained ,,,, get rid of cwms,,,!!!

I am still a firm believer that CWMU's should get 50-60% of all tags and it should be tag for tag. If they get 50 bull elk it should be 25 each, not the way it is now. Oh and my all time fav is when they give us 7% or something less than 10% of the bull elk tags and replace them with cow tags, seriously thats not a fair trade!

So elkun are you saying loosing those who hunt CWMU units now and want to is no big deal? You want less hunters?

>So elkun are you saying loosing
>those who hunt CWMU units
>now and want to is
>no big deal? You
>want less hunters?

When private parcels of land become a cwmu, does it make them more or less marketable? If they become more marketable, what does that do to the value/price? If that value/price goes up, does that make it more or less accessible? It's not rocket science.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-25-14 AT 04:12PM (MST)[p]I have had no complaints type experiences on the CWMU my Dad has drawn----Bull elk and Bull moose...........

Could be the strong ethic's of that CWMU....as Steve and Garret are certainly of equal value towards the paying and the public drawn tags.

To be 100% honest with all of you----next year is my last year of my waiting period on LE Elk and I will for sure do their CWMU for my LE Buck---seeing as after 5 freaking years applying for LE Buck I have not draw squat---go figure Utah----forever to draw....

Robb

birdman, I want the gen, public to get those tags, that's who owns them,not some money gen, outfitter or land owner,,, its got way past helpling wildlife!!!!!

"birdman, I want the gen, public to get those tags, that's who owns them,not some money gen, outfitter or land owner,,, its got way past helpling wildlife!!!!!"

This may not be a popular first post ,but.... ;-)

The public may "own" the tags, but who owns (and pays the mortgage, taxes, upkeep, etc, etc) the land of the CWMUs?

Not taking sides, but I'm thinking that in exchange for putting more tags in the hands of the general public, you will lose access to a bunch of land. So, the simple math says more tags on less acreage equals more pressure on the remaining land.

So, which is the better situation?

Myself, I'm not sure where the best balance is, but that's the reality of the conundrum.

If my family enough land in big bull or buck country I would get a cwmu in a heartbeat they are great! It's there land why not make money off of it by giving the 10% of bulls and all the cows to the public for it all the tags the public gets all the money goes back to the state. If your gonna go cry about it why not go out and buy enough land to make a cwmu and you won't be crying about it anymore...... I hate how everyone cries over them just because someone else is making money off there land!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom