Conservation Permit Prices

Hawkeye

Long Time Member
I think there are way too many conservation permits. It seems like last year a few of the tags went pretty cheap at some of the smaller more remote banquets. Perhaps it was the result of our struggling economy or perhaps there are just too many tags. I was wondering if anyone has any specific recollections of what some of those tags sold for last year.

I would also like to invite people in the upcoming weeks who attend banquets for SFW, MDF, UBA, DU, RMEF or any other conservation groups to post the amounts that specific tags sale for at such banquets. I will get us started. I attended the UBA banquet in Utah County last weekend and the Wasatch Archery Elk Tag sold in the $7K range and the Book Cliffs Archer Deer Tag sold for $4K. There were some other minor tags but nothing very interesting.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

If anyone attends a conservation banquet this weekend, would they mind reporting back to the group how much the various tags sell for? Thanks.

Hawkeye

Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

The Utah Desert Gov. Permit went for $120,000. Highest for a Utah permit secondary to the opening of the new Zion Unit. It will be interesting why comes out of there this year.

Thanks for the update. What banquet did you attend? Were there other tags that also sold? If so, what tag and how much?

Hawkeye

Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

Good post; I am interested as well.

I am curious to know if there are any organizations that are
going to auctiona Henry Mountain cow bison tag???

Prices will be down IMO...

Can somebody report back on how much various tags sold for at the Expo? I am referring to the auction tags-not the raffle tags.

Thanks

Hawkeye

Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

The Governors Desert tag was sold at the FWS in Reno for
$120,000 with all proceeds being returned to Utah?s DWR for sheep projects.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom