CONDORS!!!

B

bobcatbess

JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU MM'ERS HAVE SEEN ANY IN YOUR DAY???

I'VE ONLY SEEN ONE IN UTAH!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I saw one last year while hunting the Kaibab. Talked to a guy who actually worked for some condor foundation. His job was to keep tabs on them in his particular area. He told us part of his job was to pick up gut piles that contained lead. I guess there have been a few birds die or get sick from eating the remains of animals shot with lead bullets. Last year after I drew that tag I was sent a form to fill out and I recieved two free boxes of lead free bullets:)

I have pictures of 9 eating deer guts that we left. We were eating lunch about 100 yards away when they came in. About 1979 when there were only about 30 in the world. This was in their southern range in ca. Just a big ugly buzzard with a white stripe under their wings.

If I could find the pics I would post them.. I know..."useless without pictures". I'll have to get kkk to make an excuse for me.

JB

I've seen a few in the N.Kaibab, South Rim, and Paria.
I've also seen the "Condor Chicks" a few times. They are a group of gals from the Peregrine Fund that sit out there 24/7 in House Rock Valley below the Vermillion cliffs and monitor the birds, feed them dead cows and road kill etc. A couple of them looked pretty good especially for someone who's just spent too much time in the woods. LOL, no wonder I was having a hard time finding a big buck. For the most part though the Condors look much better than the "Chicks". Because of those Condors lead ammo is going to go the way of the DoDo in the not so distant future.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom