Computer/Scanner Help

caelkhnter

Very Active Member
I am in the process of putting together a DVD slide show for a 30 year reunion of great friends and family. Obviously some pictures go back long before digital photos. So I will need to convert many pictures to digital using a scanner. I have heard there are many scanners out there and I am sure the cheapest is not the way to go, but I have also heard that the most expensive is not necessarily the best way either. I am looking for a good, reliable color scanner for this project. Any advice from those of you who know about such things?

Are you in the market for a printer by any chance? The reason I ask is you can buy a all in one printer, scanner, copier, fax and even be able to print photos off the same machine. They have come down in price big time and that way your not limiting yourself to a scanner that you most likely won't use that much.
I have a H-P all in one that is great and it does everything. Just another option for you to consider instead of a scanner. I actually gave my scanner away as it never got used.

I have been looking at the ads in the paper from Office Max and the like and it seems you almost can't get just a scanner anymore, so I assume I will end up getting an all in one machine, and probably give my printer to my daughter.

Now I have use it yet, But I just got the Lexmark 4600 series and it works great for coping and printing. I haven't use the scan part yet.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

>Are you in the market for
>a printer by any chance?
>The reason I ask is
>you can buy a all
>in one printer, scanner, copier,
>fax and even be able
>to print photos off the
>same machine. They have come
>down in price big time
>and that way your not
>limiting yourself to a scanner
>that you most likely won't
>use that much.
>I have a H-P all in
>one that is great and
>it does everything. Just another
>option for you to consider
>instead of a scanner. I
>actually gave my scanner away
>as it never got used.
>

Model_70 how much did you pay for the HP you have, if you don't mind.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-09 AT 10:53AM (MST)[p]I went through this same thing a year ago as my old scanned would not work with my new puter which is VISTA program.
Did a lot of searching and checking reviews and still picked the wrong one. But I will live with it as it is a Canon all-in-one Model MP530 at Staples.
Canon's program when scanning is not what I had before and puts pictures where it is hard to attach to e-mails etc.

I should have gotten a H-P all in one as they are easier to operate and scan pictures with from what I have seen.
I don't remember the site but it might be this one, give it a check (dpreviews.com) or just go to Google and type in a certain scanner etc and see what reviews come up.......good luck.
Brian

>
>Model_70 how much did you pay
>for the HP you have,
>if you don't mind.

I believe I paid around $200.00 - 250.00 for mine. It works great and I like the HP's because you can go to the HP website and download the latest drivers for your model of printer.
I bought mine a little over a year ago.

Hope that helps..

Jim

I should have mentioned that I was looking at COSTCO and they had some really nice all in one HP's in the 200 - 300 dollar range and some also less expensive. I like Costco because of their no hassel return policy. Something else for you to think about considering.

Jim

My bud just purchased a new HP tower and keyboard from COSTCO. Tons of memory, highly rated, $400. +tax, shipped!

the other Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom