Computer help

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I used to watch videos on youtube all the time. Now when I click on a link to youtube (such as the Kid Rock song) all I get is this message from youtube:

"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

So I click on the link to get the latest flash player, it downloads and says I have successfully installed the latest version.

Then I go back to yotube and click on a video and the same message shows up.

Do I have JavaScript turned off? How do you tell? How can I turn it back on, if it's off?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Eel

Try going into the Tools menu at the top of your Internet Explorer screen. Choose Internet Options and when you get a tabbed dialog box choose the Advanced tab. Scroll down until you find the section titled Java and see if the Java Enabled box is checked. If it's not and you check it you will probably have to restart the computer for it to take effect. That might help.

Ask BESS............

.....no for real, that happens to me here at the hospital once a week, and i cant figure it out. sometimes it lasts for days but usually just overnight, but it either fixes itself or someone that knows whats going on with computers uses it during the day before i get to work? I'd like to know the answer to the question too, so i could remedy it myself when it happens again.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Bess knows!

HELL YA ASK BESS!!!

HELL YA ASK BESS!!!

REMEMBER MY OLD PUTER???

YA!!!

THAT ONE THAT HAD THE CAPS LOCK PROBLEM!!!

I FIXED THAT PUTER WITH A .50 CALIBER!!!

THEN IT COST ME 1800.00 FOR A NEW PUTER!!!

I GETS IT HOME!!!

KICKS IT ON!!!

AND I'LL BE DAMNED!!!

THIS POS ACTS JUST LIKE THE LAST PUTER!!!

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!

A LESSON IN PUTERNOLOGY!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

NVBighorn, I did what you said. It was checked, so I unchecked it and checked it again, then re-started, but it didn't help. Thanks for the info though!

Tag, mine "went out" about a month ago and hasn't worked since.

My son-in-law told me to quit Internet Explorer and get Firefox web browser and that should fix it, but I'm too chicken to do it! I'm afraid I'll screw something up and end up with nothing!

I guess I have computerphobia?

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-08 AT 08:42PM (MST)[p]firefox is great and it will not hurt your machine at all. You can still use IE if you want since it doesn't change a thing. Will it solve the problem? I don't know but firefox is faster when surfing the web.

Eel-
C'mon Eel, are you absolutely sure it's only the youtube video clips your trying to watch on the internet?? ;-)

I'll bet D13r sent you somthing in your PM, didn't he. Lol

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

HEY eel!!!

TRASH CANNING INTERNET EXPLORER WAS THE BEST THING I EVER DID,WELL ALMOST!!!

FIREFOX IS WAY BETTER!!!

STILL GOT THE CAPS LOCK PROBLEM THOUGH!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Slam, D13er has been D86ed, so that can't be it!:)

I may have to give Firefox a chance. My son-in-law said he would walk me through the set up.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom