Compact Spotters.

fatrooster

Long Time Member
I'm thinking about getting a compact spotter and I have three possibilities that I'm researching at this time. If anybody has any experience with these spotters then please give me your opinions. #1. Vortex Impact 70mm with 25-75x eyepiece at $239.00.
#2. Brunton Eterna 50mm with 18-38x eyepiece at $569.00.
#3. Brunton Echo 50mm with 12-36x eyepiece at $179.00.
Thanks, fatrooster.

Fatrooster,
I know its not on your list but I thought I'd at least let you know about another possible option for a really compact spotter that I'm really happy with. Last season I bought a Leupold Gold Ring Compact spotter - the 15-30x50 model. So far I am real pleased with it, it only weighs 21.5oz and is pretty small overall. I'm doing a backpack muley hunt into a wilderness area here in Oregon this year and thought this would save weight/room versus some of the bigger spotters. I know I'm giving up a little in clarity but the weight savings is important since I'm going in about 11-12 miles into a pretty rugged area. Price is about the middle of what you have listed.
Frank

For what it's worth, I bought the Vortex impact and didn't care for it. The Leupold 15-30x50 that I purchased afterwards seems to be much clearer, feels far more substantial, and the power of the Vortex won't be missed too much as I thought the clarity really suffered when I dialed up the power. That being said, it is awful cheap and probably compares well with other scopes in the same price range.

If I was willing to spend 2x the money, I think the nikon 50mm fieldscope would be the best bet out there---I compared it to the Leupold, but wasn't willing to spend the $ on it. Don't know about the Brunton. As always---can't beat the Leupold warranty.

forkhunter's right, you could pick up any Leupold product from a second hand store or a garage sale, and if you ever have a problem with it, send it in and it will get fixed at little if any cost to you. hard to put a value on that kind of service. Scott

Get the latest issue that just came out of Outdoor Life, they have a pretty good article in there about Optics etc.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom