Compact Binos

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
Seems like everyone is going for big glass. I usually do, but ocassionally take my old Leupold Golden ring 9x25 compacts. Sometimes the weight and bulk are worth the trade on a long backpack trip. They were made before they did hermetic sealing...and ocassionally fog. Othere than that, I love them for what they are. So, assuming you wanted to go small, what would you get today?

Morning Mr. ElmerFudd,
I went with the Zeiss 10x25 B T*. IMO they work great. I use them for archery hunting elk in some thick dark timber and no complaints. I still will use my 10x42 in more open country.

Gary Wright
Moscow, Idaho

I've a pair of Brunton Eterna 10x25s. They are good glass for the money and the company seems to take care of their customers. That being said, I'd probably go higher end if I were to get another pair of compacts. Not because the Brunton's aren't good, just because I've used higher end glass since and figure it is worth the price.

I really like my 8X20 Trinovid Leica's, I bought them maybe 8 years ago and I think I paid $400, they can't be much more than that now. I know some people that have the 8X32 Swaro's and they love them, but then again you are getting up there in price for those $1200. I like the Trinovid because the fold up and fit in your shirt pocket and are crystal clear. Check out ebay and you might get a pair for a couple hundred or better
BB

Thanks everyone...Just made up my my mind and ordered a pair of clearance blowout 8x20 Zeiss Victoriy's from Cameraland. Maybe could have gone cheaper, but these were a good deal and I still have no desire to ever replace my Zeiss classic 10X40's...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom