Colorado's Latest Gun Legislation and Youth Hunting

tailchasers

Long Time Member
With the latest gun legislation how does this affect youth hunting. If memory serves me you have to be 18 in order to own a firearm and since after July 1, 2013 you can't legally borrow, lend, or use someone elses firearm without a background check won't this put a hamper on all youth hunts? Someone have any intel to share that I am not aware of?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Your best bet is to call your state dept. of Justice that will be doing the background checks and enforcing the new laws. That way you will get factual information to determine if it does stop persons under 18 from having a firearm in their possession.

RELH

Tailchaser, that is a very good question that I doubt if anyone has the answer at this point.

This universal background check is the worst of anything that has been proposed.

Some other questions that I have:

1) Will I be able to fly into Colorado with a firearm? How can I turn my firearm over to a baggage handler without doing a background check?

2) If I drive to Colorado and my hunting buddy decides to fly can I transport his gun for him?

3) Will you be able to ship a gun at all, can you hand a firearm to a UPS or USPS employee without doing a background check on them?

4) If your grandfather is on his death bed and hands you his rifle and says I want you to have this. Can you accept it without him doing a background check on you?

This universal background check raises so many questions that haven't been answered.

Had a sheriff on Piers Morgan (flaming liberal) who is in Colorado and stated he would not enforce the new changes there in Colorado.

Everything mentioned here is one of the major flaws with universal background checks. Add to it a guide lending you a gun during your hunt because yours was off, etc. The good news is the laws as written are unenforceable and many of the sherrifs in the state have already decided that they will do nothing to enforce the laws. However there are some that are in the Governors Back Pocket that are going to be the opposite and do all he can to enforce the laws...

Ultimately there was a reason why all of these bills were so crappy... Not only do we need checks on all transfers, we now have to pay a fee. A tax to use our rights is just wrong.

The law does permit for a transfer to immediately family member for up to 72 hours so your son would be OK, but only for 72 hours etc. There is just so much srong with those bills...

You guys borrow some of our California legislators?........or what?

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom