Colorado Unit 70 Mule Deer

Got introduced to western big game hunting this year bow hunting unit 70 for elk. My dad has been going every year since 1989 and I finally got away from work for a couple of weeks to go. Had a great time saw tons of elk and mule deer and a couple of us were lucky enough to get a bull. I will definitely be back to elk hunt but i'm extremely interested in getting back to colorado to hunt mule deer with a rifle. My dad killed several decent bucks one of which being around a 180-190 class muley but these were all a long time ago. Any opinions on if I should shoot for a 3rd or 4th season public land hunt in unit 70 where I'm familiar with or should I look other places? Any help is appreciated.

colorado pic.jpg

There's no OTC mule deer tags in Colorado, though some tags can be had with zero points or off the return list.
Ok I'm not planning a trip until 2025 at the earliest so I'll have at least one point. I may hold off and save points. Correct me if I'm wrong but you can't get a preference point and hunt the same year can you?

He doesn’t need more than 0 points to hunt deer in unit 70. Archery and muzzleloader tags can be had for 0-1 point.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom