Colorado unit 66

Ndnarcher

Hello everyone, in the past few years iv accumulated 3 bonus points for elk and was looking to just getting out to hunt as a non resident in colorado. Was thinking of applying for unit 66 rifle elk. Any suggestions if this is a decent unit to try? Iv hunted unit 75 and 751 OTC hunt in the past and there were a ton of hunters. Looking to try something different this year.

I have never hunted in the unit.
I think you can choose from three or four different limited quota rifle season. Have you checked the statistics on the CPW website to see what the success rates are for the season you’re interested in?

Try calling the CPW Hunt Planners Group at: 303-291-7526 or 303-297-1192, for personal planning assistance. If you explain exactly in detail what you are after & the unit-- 66-- that should give them the info to help you. They cover every unit & may offer another unit to consider trying. I've never hunted 66, but it has a good reputation for big deer. Unit 61 has lots of elk I'm told, but no personal knowledge there either.
Wish you good luck & a fun hunt ! Jerry Gold ? in Ft Collns, Colorado ?

A new guy comes on and with his first post is asking for help.
Gets a couple of replies and doesn’t even have the decency to say thank you.
Or maybe he’s just been too busy to check back here.
I would think with the Colorado deadline getting close it would be important to check for replies.
I mean after all it was important enough at the time to come on here and ask the questions.

Thanks for the help Jerry. I did get in contact with the hunt planner the very same day. I also did some more research as well. Good luck to you as well.

Last edited:
Buckhorn thank you for your advice and I did look up the hunting statistics in this area. Sorry for late response.. I guess as a first responder during this pandemic, it has kept me busy. Thanks again ?

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom