Colorado Unit 16 or 161 Antelope

I've never hunted those units, but I have a friend that did. I wouldn't expect too much in quality. You'd be doing good to find a buck better than 14". A good portion of the antelope in those units will be on private property as well.

There is a good bunch of BLM but a 75" goat is as big as you get and will be hard to find. A friend hunted 161 2 years ago with 5 preference points and shot a 72" goat on public land opening morning. Jeff

Thanks for the replys.The wife and I put in for 16 to bank a few points.Will see what happens.
Elkhuntr

The wife and I both drew the antelope tags for 16.Does anyone know where I should start looking.I think we are going to go up there in July to scout.
Thanks in advance,Elkhuntr

As said most of the antelope will be on private land. My daughter had this tag 3 years ago and we had no problem getting access onto 3 small ranches. We looked over many bucks and she took one almost at 15". Thats about as good as you can get for that area. Contact the Walden Chamber of Commerce and that will get you in the right direction. Good luck.

Ram, Thanks for the info.I will call Walden Chamber.Did you hunt in 16 or did you go in 17,171?
Thanks again,Elkhuntr

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom