Colorado Unit 142 Elk

DeerAddiction4

Was hoping somebody had hunted something there? Thinking that I’ll hunt pinion canyon army base. Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Was hoping somebody had hunted something there? Thinking that I’ll hunt pinion canyon army base. Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated.
You got the training done to be able to access Pinon Canon? Theres some good animals on it, if you can get on there.

PCMS has animals it also has a fair amount of obstacles, training schedules, getting certified to go, but IMO biggest draw back is they don’t let you in until a certain time if I recall it was 5:30 or so they have base cops waiting to give you tickets and you have to drive 25/30 mph everywhere, so to drive, park, hike to a glassing knob, you waste so much time, and then you have to be off by a certain time, giant PITA… and miss out on a lot of prime hunting time

In addition to all of the barriers mentioned in earlier posts, the most important one was forgotten. You can only hunt there on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The rest of the week the base is closed to all recreational activities. Puts a pretty big damper on any and all hunting, especially if you are a NR and traveling to hunt.

In addition to all of the barriers mentioned in earlier posts, the most important one was forgotten. You can only hunt there on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The rest of the week the base is closed to all recreational activities. Puts a pretty big damper on any and all hunting, especially if you are a NR and traveling to hunt.
Three days is plenty to kill a bull.

Full disclosure. No skin in the game for me, as I don’t hunt there. I have other places to hunt in CO that don’t have all of the headaches. Just want to make people aware of the situation before they show up and think they have a week to hunt.

Well I’d like to thank you guys for bringing these details to my attention. I will look into it all and hopefully figure out if it’s worth it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom