Colorado sheep

J

jaeger

I just wrapped up my first sheep hunt and I'm afraid me and my buddy ought to quit now. I imagine the odd of either of us besting this 11.5 year old are long. I'm curious for some of you to guesstimate a score on him as we've not had him scored yet. A dandy however you slice it. I think I'm hooked. Jaeger
justin91404.jpg

Thats an awesome ram. Congrats to you guys. I have no idea what he would score but he looks pretty heavy. What unit did you get him at if you don't mind me asking ? Congrats again ! :)

Gorgeous ram. A hearty congratulations to you. Until you kill one, it hard to describe the feeling to others and how a guy can get bit hard by the sheep bug. He looks 30-32 long and 14 1/2 -15 bases but the angle you have him is a tough one to guesstimate him. What mountain range/unit did you kill him?

Conglads on the bighorn. He is a dandy !! Those 5 years you have to sit out-----will take forever to pass. I'm back in the collecting the preference points stage again. "Sheep hunting is an addiction----it's only cure is advancing age."

Nice ram! I killed a full curl ram in the George Town unit in 2000 and he isn't as heavy as your ram appears. Mine scored out 164 7/8. As a guess you are some where around 175. Great job! Nothing else feels like this. The hard part is waiting 5 yrs. to start again.

Great looking Colorado ram!! Nice mass on the beast, can't tell length as well though. I'd guess 174-175ish but???

In my zeal to participate and experience a sheep hunt I realize I've probably made some inaccurate implications in the subject message.. I did not take the sheep, my budddy did. I simply lived vicariously through him during the whole ordeal. Even now, I'm showing the photos like the ram's mine. I'm realizing that the nature of sheep-hunting lends itself to some "success-by-committee" feelings and that's probably not such a bad thing. When you realize how few tags there are, how random an opportunity sheep-hunting can be, and sometimes how many people and sets of eyes you need on the mountain, well, I think a lot of people are entitled to a proverbial backstrap or two.
The taxidermist scored him at 174". Again, better than either of us could have dreamed of. As to the where we got him question, well, I'll spare you the "right behind the back rib" response and promise you that as soon as I myself pull this tag I'll be more than forthcoming. Thanks for all of your replies. Jaeger

I understand the emotion, I have a dear friend with a tag going on right now. I have to work while he is hunting and he didn't call last night. This leads me to believe he was packing a ram out last night. Great for him if this is the case, but I really want to be there when he scores. Being part of a sheep hunt is the best. Heck being up in sheep country is the best. It is great you got to be there.
Gselkhunter

What a brute! Great looking ram. Nice trophy. Congrats to the hunter. Don't give up yet. There are more rams out there. Maybe not the caliber of this ram and maybe better. That is why sheep hunting is such a rush. I hope that someone calls me next year to help with their sheep hunt. The smell of sheep all over your clothes sticks with ya!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom