Colorado Refund Warrant

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I got a big problem with Colorado Dept of F & G!! I put in for a tag and paid for it up front with my debit card- $326. I got my refund check several weeks ago and went to my bank this morning to cash it ($301). My bank would not cash it becuase they told me it is a "warrant". A warrant, essentially, is an IOU. I have called the phone number on the warrant and have just got voicemail. Has anyone else had the run around with Colorado with the refund warrant? How can they give out IOU's when they've already taken MY money? WTF?

Steve

Hats off to Co F&G...they are on it! I just got a call back with an explanation as to the refund/warrant not 10 minutes after I called asking about it. I called a second number prior to getting a call back and that guy gave me an explanation. The refund is an actual check and because the state of CA is issuing warrants/IOU's, it is the CA banks that are worried that the CO warrants are not actual checks. Makes sense. The CO refund warrants are tied to JP Morgan and Chase so they are legitimate and real checks to be cashed. I'm impressed with Co. and the quick response I got.

Steve

Well, If you cant cash it in California send it to me. I'll cash it for you.

HaHa! They said for me to take it to JP Morgan and they can cash it. Luckily, we have one in town. Nice try!!

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom