Colorado Pronghorn, Walsenburg

MeatMissile

Hi,

I am fairly new to this whole pronghorn hunting deal. I have seen some good goats down around the walsenburg area and just realized that those units 84,85,128,133,134 are covered in the over the counter archery tag.

I know everybody is looking for help, but I was wondering if anybody has experience hunting archery in this area. I'm assuming it's all private land. I am wondering if anybody has any connections or could point me to some landowners that would possibly allow a responsible archery hunter to hunt their land.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

There is the Apishipa state wildlife area in 133, a little bit of walk in access in 128, but for the most part, it's all private. Outfitters have a lot of it tied up, but if you can find a landowner that's not leased, you can probably gain access. Start now, don't wait until the season opens though.

Cool. I did not know about that SWA, I might check into it. I have not yet decided if I'm going to get the tag. I am more or less asking this for next years planning. If I got some great offer on here than I was going to buy but not planning on it. Probably start talking to people about access next march or so. I already have 5 other tags for this season, and a little bit of scouting left to do, so I'm not sure if I will have time for an entirely new area.

Thanks for the help. That's the type of info. that I was curious about.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom