Colorado Muzzleloader Antelope 191 , 09

Has anyone out there hunted Unit 09 or 191 for Antelope? Any info on the area or its past history with winter kills. Drew a muzzleloader tag. Not sure if its a good thing or not.

Yep, and they are doing very well. Feel like there are more up here then anytime I can remember.
Good luck to you. I’ll be running around up there all summer. Shoot me a PM and will try and assist as I didn’t draw.

Good to hear. I was planning on returning this tag as i didn't plan on drawing it as a second choice. As I understand it 09 is mostly private and 191 has some public ground. Would you Hunt one side or the other? What's an average landowners fee to hunt the private?

09 is mostly private 191 is pretty mixed, lopes are far more common in 9, but they can be found in 191, now finding them on public is another story

Not alot of 'lopes on public land in 191. Look to private properties. Outfitter or knock on doors (if local to the area) and be willing to pay to play.

Encountering an antelope on public land in 191 would mostly be an unlikely chance encounter. I killed a doe on private during the late hunt one year but I haven’t seen them in that spot in a while either. There’s only one public spot where I’ve seen them a handful of times and one other where I imagine one could wonder over.

Last edited:
Encountering an antelope on public land in 191 would mostly be an unlikely chance encounter. I killed a doe on private during the late hunt one year but I haven’t seen them in that spot in a while either. There’s only one public spot where I’ve seen them a handful of times and one other where I imagine one could wonder over.
In your opinion how often do land owners entertain the idea of taking payment for access? What is a respectfull dollar amount? Going in blind and definitely don't want to insult the process. Yes I'm non res.

In your opinion how often do land owners entertain the idea of taking payment for access? What is a respectfull dollar amount? Going in blind and definitely don't want to insult the process. Yes I'm non res.
No idea. I asked one rancher who had a bunch on his land before the late season and he let me shoot a doe for free. What made you choose these units and where are you coming from?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom