Colorado Monster…

HntHrdr

Very Active Member
Well in the spirit and vein of a good old fashioned Zim thread. I have a pic of an absolute hawwwwg. I’m on the fence about sharing it. A good friend of mine was hunting it. Turns out another hunter killed it yesterday evening. This thing is massive. I’m interested in seeing what everyone thinks it scores… I’ve blacked out faces so what the hell I’ll post. I’ll I will say is it is a Co buck I’m guessing 220” gross what say all of you?

image000000.jpeg

Hawg of a buck.

Never seen that kinda scope mount contraption on a bolt gun.
Yeah the ole one piece proper eye relief… use those on AR style rifles never seen one on a bolt myself… thing is missing a heck of cheek riser if you as me haha but I guess it worked good enough to kill that beaut so what do I know…

Beautiful animal always glad to see a few still out there like that in CO. I saw one last year scouting that kept me going that is for sure. Good luck to everyone out there on the CO 2nd season hunts. Be patient and do not dump that 2 year old, weather is coming.

Well to round out a happy story. Needless to say my buddy was crushed when the big buck was off the table. He was on limited time to hunt because of work, well this evening he turned up a super cool 3x3 with extras and decided that he would do. I was super excited to get the phone call and got a pic of the buck he took, he is the hardest hunter I know and I was thrilled that he got to punch his tag on this hunt.

IMG_4124.jpeg

I’m surprised home boy could see with that thing up there
I've had guys who just didn't understand how a rifle was supposed to be set up. They take it into cabelas and they put it on...like a 40mm tube on xx-high rings.

" I almost have to put my chin on the stock? Is that normal? It's not too comfortable".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom