Colorado Mega Moose

That's a huge bull!! I can tell the body on that thing is way bigger than most the moose ever I've looked at...wonder if it's the same bull Utah traded 1 tom turkey for with CO a few years back lol...

~Z~

Quote:?gThought you might like to see a 57?? Shiras moose from Colorado one of our hunters shot on Sept. 12, 2009. Scores 180 gross and 175 net. Taken by Gov.?fs Tag SCI Raffle hunter, Armand LaBrucherie. Scott Limmer, Comanche Wilderness Outfitters, Inc.?h

Being that he hunted with Scott Limmer who is one of the best outfitters in the state, I would say the moose was taken in UNIT 19 there are some HUGE bulls up there.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
Colorado, U.S.A
NRA LIFE MEMBER
www.ElkHunterSports.com

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-09 AT 08:23PM (MST)[p]That is a big bull. There are big moose in CO not only because tags are highly limited, but also because there are few natural predators and, since moose are just now starting to inhabit areas previously uninhabited by moose, the quality of the willow forage is very high. A new WR is walking around in CO. Now, you just need to draw a tag! Or buy one? I wonder how much he paid for that tag? CWO kills a lot of good bulls. My dream hunt!

Nevermind the price tag since he was a raffle winner, I think those go for the high price of $25. Talk about luck!

I have seen some huge bulls while deer hunting in CO. I wouldn't be surprised if the new WR comes out of CO in the next few years.

Yes never_catch, those were some quality turkeys UT traded CO for the moose. I'm sure bess is proud! didn't they take 15+ more moose from the Ogden unit and send to CO again just last year? Its not like half the population of UT arent waiting to hunt moose or anything...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom