Colorado Buck Antelope in GMU 8

F

fetch

My fellow Hunters...I have never hunted Antelope in my life...however, I see by the left over tag sheet there are two buck license left in area 8...private land only. The persmission to hunt is something I feel I can get...but where in area 8...if anyone can share with me....where to go?
It's a huge area....and it's awfully clost to season to spend as much time as it may take to locate the habits of the antelope up there. I'm seeking some insight...and I am appreciative of any help I may get.

Fetch

I'd make sure you have permission before buying a tag. The unit is huge, but the antelope habitat in the unit is limited to the Laramie River Valley in the NW corner. Only 20 total buck tags and 10 doe tags were issued for the unit due to the very small population. You will likely have only a handful of landowners to ask for permission.

Your response is just exactly what I was hoping for, thank you so very much. I am one who places a great deal of ethics on our sport...I am resourceful and I feel I can get the permission.
Even if I don't, the cost of a resident tag isn't that much....the permission doesn't do me any good if I don't have the tag...so you can be Ol'Fetch will be in line early.
Again...thank you very much.
Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom