Colorado Antelope 2/201

K

KattTraxx

Hey Guys,
Just made a post over on the sheep/antelope forum. Bottom line, and very good friend has a 2/201 antelope tag. Drew the tag with pledged support from a third party. Third party has now officially fallen through..

The question before the panel of experts is, any info for this father and young son who have waited many years for the chance to draw this area. Feel free to PM if you are more comfortable.

Any help with this could easily come back to help you too. This father and son are hardcore hunters. If you ever drew Utah (any animal) or had a cougar or bear tag, we may be in a position to help you tremendously..

Thanks, KattTraxx

TradBow,
Got it. Thanks so much for the input. Looking forward to a great opening to the hunt. Took 16 years to draw, we want to make the most of it. You have helped us do that.

Thanks Again, and if you ever need something similar in Utah, please let us know.. KattSkatt

FWIW, just got back from a hunt in 1/201 with a buddy who burned 14 points and was not impressed with the overall quality of the herd. He ended up killing the 2nd biggest buck we'd seen and it goes maybe 78". While there we ran into some Colorado residents who hunted 2/201 last year and were disappointed enough they burned 15 and 16 points this year to hunt 1/201, and ended up killing average at best 14" bucks.

Fun just to be out hunting/scouting, but nothing I'd get too excited about, especially given the number of years it takes to draw the permit. There's units in Wyoming you can draw every other year where you have a far better chance at a "trophy" buck than anything we saw, but again, you're hunting instead of sitting on the couch, so it isn't all bad and I wish you the best of luck.

Your friend did good killing a 78" goat. Lots of guys would say that a 16 year wait is worth a net b&c buck, but we don't save points just for the critter! It's about the experience of hunting in an area with very few guys and the CHANCE at a nice buck.

It's
>about the experience of hunting
>in an area with very
>few guys and the CHANCE
>at a nice buck.

There were more people on that hunt than the Utah General deer opener. You probably ought to check the B&C minimums as well. As I said before, it was a hunt, so it was a good time, just nothing I'd wait 14+ years for with high hopes.

My statement about the net b&c minimum was not referencing the 78" . . . I'm glad you guys had a good time! 78" is a very good buck for that hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom