Colorado 3rd season Deer

I shoot a 175 buck in 70 4th season many years ago (I think is was 14 years ago) There were so many deer it was crazy. Have fun and good luck.

Drew Col 3rd season deer unit 70. Pretty dang excited! Anyone have any Buck pics they would like to share from this unit.
Congrats on your tag. Do you mind sharing how many points you had? I am guessing that is a 7 point draw or more? You are a NR?

I had 5 points and I'm a NR. This will be a first hunting in this unit and a first in the southern part of the state. I have been doing a bunch of e-scouting for over a year now and have a few areas that I would like to get back into to check out. I know there is a lot of good and bad about all the units out there. Seems to be the constant thing with all units across all the states. I know its a cliche to say but I enjoy the challenge, working hard and trying to get away from people. But with that said it would be greatly appreciated for any advice. As of now a couple of the areas I have in mind to look at are Hamilton Mesa area and further south along Disappointment Rd. I realize there is a bunch a private in both those areas but also it looks like there is some potentially good areas that are accessible.
Once again, thanks for any input offered.

HD

Last edited:
The deer numbers are in pretty good shape over all, but trophy potential is not what it used to be. Primarily because of increase tag numbers and later seasons. However,l know a guy who got a 170” last year across the road in 71. Hunt hard and you might make some luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom