Colorado 2025

FPD58

Gentleman, putting in for Colorado deer in 2025 for the first time with 10 points. Unit 62 has been recommended. Any other suggestions or is that a decent choice with those points?

I was told around 10 years ago to go to unit 22 with 8-10 points, however, now I’m told the access there has been significantly restricted-reduced by the gas companies so my 10 year plan dumped! Thus, looking for somewhere else with very little info. As far as season that’s another area that is new to me. I understand there are four seasons to choose from? Some seasons are more difficult to draw than others I’m assuming. So trying for the best unit/season I can get with my points. Thank you for your replies!

9 months before the draws seems like a great time to ask to me.

What is a good unit now is completely different than 10 years ago. From my perspective a 10 point unit now probably isn't as good as a 1 point unit was10 years ago.

To the op - I dropped my 14 points in unit 40 third season a year and a half ago, couldn't find a buck bigger than 150 and ate tag soup. I have hunted multiple easy to draw units off turned in tags and youth hunts through the years and typically find something in the 160 class. The last 3 years we haven't filled a tag. I have never hunted 62. Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom