Colo. Guide Sentenced

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
Outfitter sentenced in illegal hunting of bobcats and mountain lions

By KIRK MITCHELL | [email protected]
PUBLISHED: September 6, 2016 at 12:22 pm | UPDATED: September 6, 2016 at 3:34 pm

A Grand Junction man who helped arrange illegal bobcat and mountain lion hunts in Utah and Colorado in which outfitters shot the animals in the paw or put radio transmitters on their necks to guarantee success was sentenced Tuesday to three months in prison.

Nathan Simms of Grand Junction was also sentenced in U.S. Federal Court in Grand Junction to two years of probation and must serve six months of that sentence in home detention.

Simms had pleaded guilty to eight misdemeanor counts of illegal game hunting and agreed to serve six months in a federal prison.

Christopher Loncarich, the owner of the now-defunct outfitting business that employed Simms, is serving a 27-month sentence in federal prison.

The outfitters would trap and maim mountain lions to make it easier for hunting customers to kill the animals. The outfitters also placed radio transmitters on the big cats to make it easy to track them, court documents show.

In one instance, the outfitters placed a leg-hold trap on a mountain lion?s paw to slow it down. On another occasion, the outfitters shot a mountain lion in the paw to make it easier to track.

Simms acted as an assistant guide between 2007 and 2010, helping hunters from Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee and Connecticut kill mountain lions.

Officials say hunters paid up to $7,500 for the hunting tours.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Both these people sentenced are douchebags. The tracking collar is bad enough but to mame the animal? That's just f'ed up.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Sep-07-16 AT 06:33PM (MST)[p]How long until MM's most beloved poster claims this person is innocent, this is not poaching, he/she has friends that are felons, he/she has watched more people get killed in the ghetto than most of us "boys" could invision, evidence is not evidence, he/she had lunch with a attorney, he/she stayed at a holiday Inn last night, and it's the police's fault? I have a number of post in my mind but I will wait to see.

Simple pleasures.

Good luck to all this season and...

As always, all law enforcement are in my prayers.

>Would love to hear the story.
>

The crank head who was caught driving my truck got it from another person ,he did 2 months room and board,the original thieves were never investigated,but I found there names,phone numbers and address inside my truck when I was cleaning it out,I have a sign in front of my property "we don't dial 911"

I thought it would be hunting trip related but regardless, WOW, for some people the best parts of their lives are 3 hots and a cot. Sorry for your troubles.

>I thought it would be hunting
>trip related but regardless, WOW,
>for some people the best
>parts of their lives are
>3 hots and a cot.
>Sorry for your troubles.

Thank you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom