Cody Wy

OK.......I CANT KEEP A SECRET. HUNTING IS ALL AROUND YOU, JUST TAKE A HIKE OR TWO.......WATCH OUT FOR GRIZZ BEAR/ THERE AROUND...........YD.

Raised in Cody now live in Utah. Ya plenty of hunting if you can draw a tag...LOL There is some good spots just do some research.

"Keep yer powder dry n yer eye on the skyline!"

Ask Jim Zumbo- he lives there in Cody, he can point you in the right direction.

If you're into archery look up Chuck Adams, he lives out on the south fork. Oh and Mike Eastman lives just a short distance away in Powell! All kinds of famous people live in cody I guess. I think you will enjoy the area, some of the best Wyoming has to offer.

Cody is full of world class taxidermists also. Dwayne Dewey, James Marisco, Ray Hatfield....

You're lucky, if I could live any where in Y-ya-moanin, it would be in Cody. I spent a number of summers there as a kid. It was just a great place to be. Check out Cassie's super club, they use to have great food there, I bet they still do.

Yep! one of the best steaks I've ever ate!

I am way excited to be here. BTW, I'm looking for a couple good horses and Tack if anyone needs to get rid of some.

after you get your pack string, head up into the wilderness near the SE corner of the park, Open creek, great elk hunting. Area 60. about a 30 mile ride...

Welcome,... not a bad place to live. you have a big learning curve. I am learning every year....LOL.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Don't forget to check out the Winchester museum, I was there years ago, think it's been remodeled since then- great place if your into guns/history. They have Buffalo Bill's old guns and a lot of neet old western stuff.

I was wondering about area 60. I heard the wolves have made the hunting tough and the elk scarce. Is there still a reasonable chance at taking a nice bull?

Beans! Don't forget the pinto beans. The Powell area is one fo the few areas in the US that can produce disease free bean seed, that's gotta count for something.

From what I have heard 60 isn't what it used to be. Lots of wolves, grizzleys think a gunshot is a dinner bell. But there are still elk, just not as many and it will not get better.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom