CO up in flames

mntman

Long Time Member
Yep, starting already. 3 fires started this afternoon in eastern colorado along the front range. One in black forest burnt 8000 acres in one afternoon/evening and estimated 40-60 homes possibly considerably higher numbers have been destroyed.

Another fire about 4000 acres around the royal gorge has burnt structures and they are now evacuating one of the prisons of the west end of canyon city. (800 inmates I think).

There is another one but haven't heard much about it.

a fourth is in pueblo but last I heard it was a grass fire with no evacuations.

Hickendoper had his mug on tv this evening saying stupid crap as usual. Can't stand listening to that pin head idiot!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

The number is up to 360 homes lost and 15000 acres with zero containment. It's not done by a damn sight. I live a block away from one of the pre evac lines and have a good friend who lost his home. I was helping him cut down trees around the house when the cops kicked us out. Lots more friends, kids teachers, cub scout leaders, etc. that Live in the forest as well. Going to be a long summer at this rate.

Wow looks like Colorado is going to be a desert looking landscape soon.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

"The number is up to 360 homes lost and 15000 acres with zero containment."

Wow, i really feel for all the people that are having to deal with this...life changing tragedy. I'm sure that many have lost everything!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I think it ended up being around 509 homes destroyed and 2 dead.
The good thing is it has rained almost every day since, the grass is amazingly green for mid July, and they have lifted most fire bans to stage 1. Still a drought, but it's way better than last year.

>Anyone heard if the DOW is
>closing the GMUs affected by
>fires?

DOW doesn't close the units to hunting, it is the forest service who closes the areas to any and all traffic. They freak out due to being afraid some DS is going to get killed in a flash flood.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom