CO unit 10 Antelope

C

Cedar

My 15 year old daughter drew a doe tag for unit 10. Any suggestions on a good place to start looking? Also is a truck needed to get around or could we use a car? Thanks in advance. Cedar

Cedar,

You should be able to get around well enough on the county roads with a car. A truck would be better but Doe Pronghorn should be easy enough to come by. Have fun and enjoy. Have your daughter learn to shoot off of a rest or make a pair of shooting sticks. Getting a clean kill on her first attempt will make her more likely to become a lifelong hunter.

Good Luck to your daughter,

BeanMan

You can get around pretty good on many of the roads in that unit.

Archer

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it very much. She is excited about this hunt and I will be getting her used to shooting from a rest. Her gun has a bipod mounted also. It should be fun. Thanks again, Cedar

Just an update. My daughter got her doe. We had a lot of fun on this hunt and I believe she is hooked on hunting. She took pics to school to show her friends. Take your kids hunting. This was more fulfilling for me than any animal I have ever taken myself. Cedar

Cedar-congrats on the successful hunt. Good to hear she had a blast. I hope to do this in 10 years with my kids.

Hey, did you see lots of 'lopes? Any nice bucks?

Thx

Doug, Yes it was an awesome experience. Children are certainly a blessing. We saw fair numbers of goats but not quite as many as I had expected. The bucks were rutting pretty heavily. The herd she got her doe from had seven bucks in it. We looked over the southern part of the unit but did not see any bucks over about 14". I don't think it is worth the pref points required to draw a buck tag in this unit yet. Maybe 3-4 years down the road. Good luck to you and your kids in the future. Cedar

Cedar,

A big Congrats. on your daughters hunt.

Later,
Vince (Colorado)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom