CO Unit 10 Antelope

elkhuntr

I was wondering if any one could tell me what kind of shape the antelope are in?I heard the numbers are way down.The wife and I should draw.I don't want to blow a bunch of points if this is the case.Any help would gladly be accepted.What other units might hold good antelope?
Thanks Elkhuntr

Well I'd imagine they're usually in great shape, I mean they can run 60 miles an hour, work out 7 times a week, eat there greens;) I like that whole northwest corner of the state for antelope.(moffat county)Its the largest herd in the state...even when numbers are down, they have more antelope than anywhere else in Colorado.

Sneakem,Do you know anything about those units up there?You can PM me if you would like.
Thanks Elkhuntr

I don't know as much about 10 but am very familiar with 2 and 201. That whole NW corner is hard to beat.

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting

Not sure on 10. But Unit 2 is beat up from the drought. I hunted there a couple times in the early 90's----antelope everywhere & good quality. My buddy drew last year in Unit 2------antelope were hard to find. He ended up shooting a small 13" buck. Antelope were just not there. Unit 3 seemed to hold more antelope-----looked like anything that was irrigated held antelope---if it was dry----antelope were gone.

Good Luck----I just sent in for a point this year.

The drought has been real hard on the goats, the DOW has cut the tags in half for the last two years and the goats are not there like they used to be you can still find them but the numbers are terrible. Look at the Co. stats and see how many points it took to draw a doe tag up here in the nw corner, that will tell ya something.I think the numbers and quality will come back up in a couple years with some moisture like last year. You will find good bucks in unit 10 but you just won't have the selection like you used to. Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply's.Toby do you know that area at all?Where would you start looking?I don't need any honey holes.If you want you can PM me or email me.My address is [email protected]ks again,Elkhuntr

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom