CO New State Record Moose

kilowatt

Subject: New State Record

I am pleased to announce my Moose officially scored 176 3/8 ?Boone and Crockett? and ?Pope and Young?.

My Moose is now the pending ?Pope and Young? (Archery) Colorado State Record. Previous record was 173.

I am lucky, I am blessed, and I am thankful.

Special thanks to:

My wife Jennifer and daughter Erinn for putting up with my hunting addicitons.

Elmer Fudd?s Guide Service for spotting the bull.

Train Riders Motel in Grandby, CO for their hospitality and assistance when my truck broke down.

Mike Garrett of High Country Motors in Grandby for fixing my truck in a hurry.

Elmer Fudd?s wife Nancy for transporting Elmer to Grandby while my truck was in the shop.

Todd Brickel for a great job of measuring.

Ed Shlein of Elk Ridge Taxidermy in Colorado Springs for excellence in mounting.

Tom Roatch of Universal Roofing Applicators in Lakewood, CO and his son for help carrying the meat to the truck.

4b2d79ef538281cc.jpg

zekers,
This text in the email said that the hunter just got the Bull in Oct. so it might be awhile before the Taxi finishes the mount I would think.

Brian

Congratulations to the hunter!
Obviously a monster bull with a gun or bow!
All the orange makes me think he was gun hunting and happened on to a bow opportunity? Anyone have a story?
At any rate...great bull!

He is in orange because he probably hunted with his bow during the rifle season. Lots of folks do this and orange is still required. When I'm an old man I hope to do something similar!

It could be a hunt using a governors license where you could hunt with any weapon but an elk season could be in session during hunt.

This pic has been around for years. It was killed in the Selway in the late 90's. I heard the guy is actually from California and buys these hunts all over the world. I'm not buying it.

HK

If it was real I would be really jealous as this critter is on my bucket list.:)

Brian, congrats, that is an outstanding bull, it is amazing to even see one that size, let alone harvest it!!!!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom