CO Apps...Really need HELP!!

Paul_Crawford

Long Time Member
OK, here's the deal. I'll be putting in for 61 third season deer with my son. He only has 5 points, and I have 6. When you put in as a group they go by the person with the fewest points, so I/we probably won't get drawn. There is a chance as my buddy got drawn with 5 last year. Anyway, for my second choice, I want to put in for a unit that I will have a really good chance of getting drawn. Preferably, in the SW part of CO. Don't say 71 because it takes a preferance point. I'm thinking 60, but don't know if it's got public land or good hunting. Can anyone give me some help? I want to hunt deer in CO again. Haven't hunted deer there since November of 2000. HELP!! Thanks, PC.
PS It doesn't have to be SW CO.

Howdy,

Paul, your situation is different from mine I'm sure. But I chose to not put down for a second choice if I didn't draw on my chosen area. I wanted the other preference point... I even applied specificly for points several years. My brother and I will be in unit 53 during the fourth hunt. I wish you luck my friend.

Coach

Coach, if I am reading your post right, you seem to think if you get drawn on a second choice, you lose your preference points. However, if you draw a second choice, you still get a preference point for THAT year AND draw a second choice license. Only your first choice selection makes your points go to 0.

Example: you have 1 point before the drawing this year and you get drawn on your second choice in this years drawing. You get the tag and you now have 2 preference points.

If I misread your post, sorry. Glad you hear you are up again!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom