CO Antelope help

fuzzyvelvet

I am wondering if any of you have any insight into a few units to hunt speed goats in Colorado. I am looking into 4 archery, 13 archery, or 120, 121, 125, 126 rifle, 116, 117, 122, 127 rifle. I understand the private issues on the eastern plains. I am hoping to draw without points. Or are there others I am over-lookng? Just curious as to which might give the best opportunity for a decent buck and fun hunt? Thanks for the help.

Fuzzy

4 would be a good archery hunt if you had permission to hunt on some private land, all the antelope i've seen in the unit are on private aroung hayden and craig except for a small piece of blm. From my experience it seems landowners in the area almost always charge pretty steep trespass fees or are leased out by outfitters and i'm not positive but i think it takes a preferance point or two to draw that area. if i was you i would be driving around knocking on doors in areas around limon, or east of pueblo and colorado springs and get permission to hunt some land before you put in for a tag. It's worked for me before. Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom