CMA Country Music Awards?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I generally don't miss the CMA's every year. Lots of years, i'd already have my own favorites in each category and a strong feeling of who would win entertainer of the year. As the show progressed, it occurred to me in blaring fashion, just how much Country Music has changed.

If i had not known some of the artists by sight, i'd swear that i had turned to some hard rock station.

This newer country music, do you think that it's for the better? I sure don't mind saying that i don't!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

It's not country it's pop. The only country I heard was when George and Alan sang to honor George Jones.

>It's not country it's pop.
>The only country I heard
>was when George and Alan
>sang to honor George Jones.

And if you listen closely - they readily admit it is more pop than country.

Country is still around, but it isn't the mainstream - it has gone back to where it always has been, on the small town stations, in the bars and honky tonks, and in the soul of the men and women who actually know what it means.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Well Uncle sage!

"""That Ain't Country!"""

Old Hank would be Proud and Elvis would too!

My Hair is not Orange!

We don't wear chains & Spikes!

But We know how to have Fun come a Saturday Night!

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

We like ole Waylon!

Ya We know Van Halen!

Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

Me and wifey talked about that very thing last night. Country is blurred with pop and rock now. Most country artists don't perform country music, not like I use to know. I like rock though, so I like the mix of new guys like Eric Church, Zac Brown and Luke Bryan.

Jennifer Nettles has nice breasts.

>Me and wifey talked about that
>very thing last night. Country
>is blurred with pop and
>rock now. Most country artists
>don't perform country music, not
>like I use to know.
>I like rock though, so
>I like the mix of
>new guys like Eric Church,
>Zac Brown and Luke Bryan.
>
>
>Jennifer Nettles has nice breasts.

Nice & Little you mean?

Or has She had some work done?

elkcat
They looked quite nice last night. Just the right amount of plumpness and fullness. About the size I prefer to. Now her face, well not quite sure if she is cute or not. She's no Carrie Underwood but who is?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-07-13 AT 06:03PM (MST)[p]Thanks Guys, seems we are all pretty much in agreement on the subject.

I like to pull up the oldies on YouTube once in awhile. Lots of great material there, lots i've never seen before. Sometimes when having trouble sleeping, i'll pull up the oldies, watch and listen to clips for hours.

If you care to, you could leave a link to some of what you consider "Good" Country Music. Thanks...

Here's one,not so bad...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Plump and full... mmmmmmmm...

3568jennifernettles.jpg

Take a listen to Brandy Clark. Her Mom and I are lifelong friends. Brandy is moving up fast. Her songwriting is hard edged but real life.

I cannot stand what is happening to country music... I've been seeing this for a few years now. While I'll admit some of these cross pop/country songs are pretty good there are so many that are horrible and shouldn't even fall into the country genre... hunter hayes, keith urban, etc... you know the type. Their music flat out sucks and shouldn't be on a country station. Pisses me off.

country music has to reach that younger generation to sell more hits. Some songs are ok and others suck. most radio stations play the same crap over and over till basically you your ready to slit your own throat cause your so burned out on the same songs.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-07-13 AT 09:34PM (MST)[p]WOW!

I shoulda stayed up later!

Looks like everything has filled out a little!

I did see where Brad & Carrie sang:Obamacare By Morning!

there's very little real country still left and it doesn't get played on the radio. disappointing to me.

and yes, i noticed her breasts too! nice.

oh and country is starting to turn liberal. i like looking at casy musgraves but her song she sang was very pro-gay and i didn't like it!

Ya know, even if she doesn't eat meat, ya gotta admit, this chick is hot, hot, hot. Besides, I don't know if I could convince her to change her diet but I'd sure give it a shot.

4987romper.jpg

They tell me she sings too.

Photoshop!!!
Look at the shade in the center of the inverted "v", between the ,,,,,, thingy's ,,,,, keep looking!

Her face keeps looking better, the more you look at the upside down V,,, keep looking!

>nfh....try 103.3 "the Range", lots
>of older country.
>
>from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

I have been listening to that. I flip it off to cause some of it is just to old for me

There are occasional country tunes that I like from today's musicians but not many and the folks singing them don't seem to live the country life style anymore, but I guess most of the old timers were also more into whiskey, coke, and hookers than they were into withers, slickers and canvas bed rolls, but at least they looked the part, if they didn't actually live it. Now days most of the main stream country singers are all about tee shirts, tight jeans, and blondes that can't afford enough fabric to cover the rubber. Don't ya just love high grade surgery.......sh!t! Their Sculptors should be getting the awards, they're the ones with the magic!

Your right Sage, present country is more like Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis, Dion, Holly, Nelsen, the Everly Bro.etc. I liked early rock and roll, unless you call current country music the current rock and roll there is no longer any such thing as real rock and roll music. The black rock and roll artists that were the back bone of early rock and roll disappeared and it's all mostly rap and hate now.

As a kid I never did like the real old country, way too much nose and whine for my taste, (Snow, Hank Williams Senior, Wagner, couldn't stand Buck Owens, Jimmy Dickins, Roy Akuff, George Jones early stuff was hard for me but I liked his later stuff.

I really liked the "early new country". This is what I call "early new country".

I like almost everything done by Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings (Holly's bass player) Willie Nelsen (but not all). I could listen all day to Hank Williams Junior, Don Wiiliams, The Oak Ridge Boys, Statler Bro., Crystal Gail, Lacy J. Dalton, Emmylue Harris, Tom T Hall, Mel McDanials, Marty Robbins, Floyd Cramer, blues singer Delbert McClinton is fantastic, I like all of John Fogerty's stuff, in side and out of his Creedence period. I really like the Blue Grass singers from this period as well, The Dirt Band, Vince Gill, Ricky Skagges etc. I like Cajun and some Zydeco music as well it's all counrty music to me, and your absolutely right Sag, it's nearly impossible to find, and in my tight little valley you'll never pick it up on any Am FM Radio Station. The only place I can find it is on www.pandora.com or my itunes library.

The Red Headed Stranger by Willie Nelsen was what moved me to country music in the 1970's. It's also the longest song I ever heard, must be why I never hear it on the radio.

Now if your into throw backs and outside the established "cleaned up country" that you hear on AM FM today you might want to check out this gentleman. He happens to be the son of a first cousin but if you can over look the family connection with me you might find his stuff entertaining. He's the real deal in Canada but still doing the bars, honky tonks, and county fairs down here in the U.S. I think he's got a gig at Billy Bob?s in Fort Worth on Dec. 12, 2013 then he'll be at Indio, CA for the Stagecoach: California?s Country Music Fest on April 26, 2014.

If your interested in some edgy country check out http://corblund.com

7816lund.jpg

DC

WTF happened to Faith Hill???.....she looked like a german prison guard...

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

All good stuff Guys and thanks for adding your $.02!

2Lumpy, We have similar tastes in music as well as other things. Thanks!!

Guys, i've said it here before so i'll say it again, if Carrie Underwood didn't have the anti stance that she has stood up for in the past, she would just about be as close as we're gonna get to her being American Royalty. She's her own girl, i'll give her that. Classy, cute, and can flat sing her pretty little behind off!! lol

All the news was not that bad, Miranda Lambert won, Blake Shelton won, and George Straight won Entertainer of the Year. Hopefully, for me, this hard rock trend will pass on by...

Joey

Well Uncle sage!

As much as I like my Country Music!

You gotta have a little Country-Rock once in a While!:D

That's as much 'Rock' as I want though!

See if I can find a good Country-Rock Song or two for you!

>
>If your interested in some edgy
>country check out http://corblund.com
>
>
>
7816lund.jpg

>
>DC

Corb Lund is far from Country in my book + he's a lib. Canadian country is just weird. I have heard many of corb lund's songs and a few of them are good. Listen to his song "truth comes out" it's all about global warming... although the tune is very good. Too bad had to ruin it with global warming hype lyrics.

No problem Nodakker, I repeat myself all the time. Sometimes it takes saying it more than once to get the point across ;-)

DC

2lumpy,

Agree!!

Will add a few:
Conway
John Conlee
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Earl Thomas Conley
Michael Martin Murphey
Charlie Pride
Keith Whitley
Mickey Gilley
Johnny Lee
Kenny Rogers
Ronnie Milsap

And a few not as old:
Chris Ledoux
Early George Strait
Dan Seals
Alabama

Very good list Farms. I could be happy listening to all those artists and not listening to any of the new hipity hop country stuff

All good one's, thanks guys!

I don't buy many CD's. Probably 5-6 years ago, this gal come on the country scene and i run out and bought her's. Darn near wore this disk out and i still like it...

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom