club sixteen

Long Time Member
Who has, had and loves the 16 gauge. I have a couple old pump Winchesters in 16. I never understood why the 16 never gained more traction. It always seemed like perfect medicine plus I am a fan of the obscure and the road less traveled Maybe it is just nostalgia as i started out with it on pheasants. One day I would also like to add a 28 to the collection but that is a horse of another color.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Got an Old Beater 16 layin around here somewhere!

I Keep it for one Reason!

A couple times a year somebody will call wanting to know if they can borrow my Shotgun!

Yup!

I'll set it out for you!

Nearly every time it's been returned it's been with an attitude:

""Bullets sure are Expensive for that Damn thing""

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I sold a win, mod 97 in 16 gauge I got on a trade 2 years ago , in mint cond'. I don't know what the hell I was thinking,,!! still have my 12, thank god,,,,

I'm a fan. I have my great grandfathers Winchester pump in 16ga and a Remington (browning knock off) in the same.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-14 AT 07:18PM (MST)[p]Yup! Dad gave me a Remington 870 16ga for my 14th birthday circa 1966. Anyways still my go to shotgun. I'll use it before Athena.

For those that don't remember Athena, she is an Italian made Weatherby 12ga SXS.

My very first shotgun, back about 1960 was a 16 gauge.

It was a bolt action with a detachable magazine. I don't remember the make or model. I killed more mud hens with that gun than I care to remember. I can't say I was sorry to see it go.

Eel

Mine was a savage 311 side by side 16 ga! My first and my true love!
That was about 1963 and for a decade, or more, anything with feathers was In Grave peril. Season? What season? This was Lehi in the mid 60's! Lol
I cranked out a ton of shells with the little DL155 Pacific loader. 1 1/8 oz of #6 pushed by Unique powder and a power piston wad was deadly! I miss that gun!
Zeke

I hardly ever see 16 gauge shells on the shelf. just a butt load of .410m 12 gauge and a few of the others... I don't think a guy can find a 16 gauge in this neck of the woods. I would like to try one out

As a kid had one of those Mossberg I think bolt action with clip.
Great shooter.
Wish they Made a GOOD over/under in a 16ga it would be a Great early season pheasant gun.
"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Jul-02-14 AT 09:16AM (MST)[p]>As a kid had one of
>those Mossberg I think bolt
>action with clip.
>Great shooter.
>Wish they Made a GOOD over/under
>in a 16ga it would
>be a Great early season
>pheasant gun.
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I am with ya on the over/under in a 16. The only thing that takes me back to the good old days more than a 16 is the smell of a freshly spent paper shell.

Edit. I guess it is a hull. Some shotgunner I am.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom