Close Call!

TripleK

Long Time Member
My neighbor's dog was making quite a ruckus in or near my backyard just a few minutes ago. So, fearing for my chickens, I trek out to the back of my yard with a flashlight in hand. I get to the back gate and about 10 yards from me, in my yard, I see something black and furry. It's not real clear cuz I'm kinda sleepy and I'm thinking..."What the hell dog is that?" Then I focus more clearly and realize that little black, furry dog has a white stripe down its back and its tail is UP. "OH CRAP! SKUNK!", I say to myself just as it charges me. I haven't run that fast in years! LOL I have no idea if it followed me...I didn't stick around to find out, But WHEW...that was close!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-07 AT 08:18AM (MST)[p]Maybe the coon has gone under cover and it's just a disguise.

RUS

Allways be prepared. Next time you wonder out in the darkness, a flashlight is good to have, you just forgot it's partner, a 12 gauge shotgun to take care of unsuspecting varmints.

RELH

We were out in the Vernon area a couple of years ago looking for deer. One night while sleeping in our tent we had a LARGE skunk slip into our tent. He ran around, jumped on all four of us, Curtis kicked him and he ran out.....then here he comes right back in! We finally got rid of him, but my heart was racing just a little bit!

WHEN WE WERE IN HIGHSCHOOL!!!

I HAD THIS SUIT CASE THAT NEEDED A NEW HOME!!!

HAD BEEN LIVE TRAPPING COONS!!!

CAUGHT A BIG OLE STRIPER!!!

WE BOXED THE STRIPER UP IN THE SUIT CASE & SET IT OUT ON MAIN STREET ONE NIGHT ABOUT 10:00 PM!!!

THEN SAT DOWN THE ROAD A WAYS & WAITED!!!

FIRST CAR COMES FLYING BY!!!

SECOND CAR FLIES ON BY!!!

THIRD CAR WHICH IS A PICK-UP LOCKS IT UP!!!

JUMPS OUT & RUNS AS HARD AS THEY CAN!!!

GRABS THE SUITCASE!!!

RUNS BACK & JUMPS IN WITH THE LUGGAGE!!!

THEY HIT WOT FOR A MINUTE & THEN ALL OF A FRICKEN SUDDEN ALL FOUR TIRES LOCK UP & YOU SHOULD OF SEEN PEOPLE EXITING THE TRUCK!!!

ME & A COUPLE OF FRIENDS WILL NEVER EVER FORGET THAT ONE!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

bcb,

I've been hearing that same story since I was a little kid. It's usually a bobcat though.

JB

I aint man enough to stuff
a real Bobcat into a suitecase.

'course, I aint man enough to put a skunk in
one either...........

I'll just have to keep my varmits and tote bag's seperate.

Sorry Basards, both of them....

l

HEY D-CUP!!!

YA I'VE HEARD THE SAME STORY A 1000 TIMES!!!

THE bobcat ESCAPED & IS STILL ON THE LOOSE THOUGH!!!

THIS STRIPER STORY AIN'T NO BULLSHIT!!!

YA SEE WHEN WE WERE YOUNGER THE LAW KNEW US PRETTY WELL!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

A few years ago I decided I was going to trap coon?s down at the HUT, they was a big problem at the time. Anyway, I set the Have a Heart out with some tuna in the bait trap. Well ? long story ? short! I caught 1 stinking coon, 10 or 12 skunks and every neighbor?s kitty puddy from about 3 blocks around. The stinking skunks made my little farm stink for months. I asked for advice from all the farmers around about how to dispose of the skunks without them spraying. Some of the suggestions went like this.

1. Shoot them in the guts.
2. Shoot them in the head.
3. Put the trap in a ditch full of water. ( yeah, like I'm going to pick the sucker up and carry it to a ditch)
4. Leave it out in full sun light for 2 or 3 days. (even I'm not that big a axxhole)
5. Put your trap away & quit screwing around with skunks.. (the only advise I finally took)

TripleK, give up on the varmints, they are your friends or they are going to win anyway.

Larry! Where you been?

Bobcatbess! Screwing around with ?Fishcops? is one thing, screwing with your neighbors will get you a reputation!

RUS

RUS!!!

5 GALLONS OF ICE WATER WORKS EVERYTIME!!!

CLAMS EM RIGHT UP!!!

REPUTATION???

WHATS THAT???

YOU TAUGHT ME WHAT A FISH COP WAS!!!

YOU MUST OF REALLY MADE HIM MAD???

YOU MAKE ALL FISH COPS MAD???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

I guess! & I wasn't even trying. I'm really paranoid now! I think "warden" might be on special assignment in his "black helicopter" .... net Cloride & transport him to the basin where he'll never be heard from again.

that might be Ok too!

RUS

Back when I was a senior in HS I was dating a girl whose father had a bunch of fighting roosters. He worked nights at the phosphate plant and one night we were sitting there watching a movie with her mom when their dogs start raising cane. Her mom goes out to see what the ruckus is all about, comes in and gets the .12 guage down and tells me that I need to take care of the problem. It appears that a young skunk, just old enough to stink real good had wandered in to the hen house looking for an egg or even a hen so she locked the little bugger in. So off I went to this little 5X5 hen house with a .12 guage and a flaslight. The problem was, he only had .00 buck! No big deal, I'll just make sure and aim square. However, I'm a little knew to holding a flaslight, (I guess I was used to a million candle power spotlight - rabbits and coyotes of course!) so I am a little shaky with the old double barrel side by side and I touch off the first barrel a little high and back, and all I can see is moonlight coming in from the hole in the henhouse and some writhing type movements and a little whining hiss - then the most gawdawful stench I have ever smelled. Just wounded the poor little beast. So I gave him the second barrel clean on - again another beam of moonlight comes through the side of the henhouse, but this time I look a little closer and sure enough blood all over the wall and looking through the moonbeam I can see half of the skunk laying out in the chicken yard. I checked myself, nope, I didn't stink. So I went back in and finished the movie with my girl. Next day I get a call from her dad thanking me for taking care of the skunk and ventilating that stuffy little hen house. Actually he laughed his butt off, said he was looking for an excuse to tear it down and build a new one. I am sure he never would have been able to get that stench out of there anyway, even without the new ventilation system.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-07 AT 10:35PM (MST)[p]You back woods boys do not know how to grease a skunk with a 12 gauge and not get sprayed. I'm ashamed of you.
In the farm country around here, skunks gets shot on sight for several reasons. they deplete the quail and pheasant nest eggs, let along domestic chickens, and they are the #1 rabies carrier.

RELH

Tk just hold his tail down he won't spray.
Hell I had a skunk steal my tool box out of my truck night before last. Then last night the dog goes to growling!! I didn't even dare go out with my .45, and 12 ga. For fear not only would it stink but it probably is packing.

Good one Bessy. I am proud of ya!!

Rutnbuck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom