Clearwater River fishing

G

garywright

Morning,
I'm going and try my hand at fishing for steelhead on the Clearwater. I have not been on it before so looking for some spots to to start at. I know I could just look for other angliers on the bank but I have not even been in the area before or for that fact caught a nice steelhead. Thanks
Gary
Moscow, Idaho

can be really slow and tough this time of year. i'd start calling some tackle shops and pick their brains. id also inquire about river conditions....mainly ice. i usually dont start heading up until feb. and to be honest, if you're not going to fish the crowds, i'd just start driving and looking for "fishy' spots on the river. make sure to have a good caster if youre not using a boat. good luck and post a report when you get back.

The northfork never has ice, always has fish! good luck and dress warm.

Morning,
Thanks for the help. I went down yesterday and boy it was COLD. I stop in Orofino and talked to a guy at a tackle shop and fishing was slow and the fish that were being caught was down river. I did go up the Northfork for a drive by and know one was fishing. Did I say it was COLD. So I went down to a area around Lenore and fished there for awhile. I did learn some things so I am getting started on my steelhead hunting. Looks like it's going to be fun..........But heck it was COLD
Thanks
Gary

Morning All,
After tring to survive last monday because of the weather, I returned Wed. and still was cold but not near as bad as Mon. and went back to the Lenore area and fished for a few hours without any luck. I went again yesterday, Fri. and returned to the Lenore area and after fishing about 45 minutes, FISH ON!! what a hoot. Took a little time but got him to net. Fishing off the bank was hard to use the net so I played him out and just got the net behind him after his head was on the shore, lots of rocks in the way. He was 36 1/2" and went 15 lbs.
Gary

Morning Beavis14,
Thanks. It really was neat. About being related I don't know but just last week I told my uncle, who's 85 and lives down in southern Ca., that I was in Orofino fishing he told me that in the early 50's that some of the Wright families lived there in Orofino but wasn't sure if still there. Never know, I'm sure he is looking into it. Are the Wright family there maybe came from Illinos back then?
Gary
Moscow, Id.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom