Chute plane or Spotlight?

cantkillathing

Very Active Member
Okay I keep reading on post people bagging on chute planes. What about spotlighting all night long and hunting the next day? Would you think this is just as unethical?

You would be amazed on how many guides have done this to locate a buck to hunt.

What are your thoughts?

This has been hashed for years!
Not saying it's right,but sure happens alot!

Just one more tactic that hasn't helped Mule Deer over the last 40 years!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

i have a cousin who, through his in-laws, has an uncle , who works with a guy,that has 2 boys. one of them just got married to a girl who is second cousins to a guide for the auction tags. she said they have been doing it ALOT this year. that came DIRECTLY from my cousin. they are sooo unethical. why cant we just do away with thos tags..................:)

In my opinion trail cams are more unethical/helpful than flying and spot lighting. I have flown some, and if you do see the animal, you know where he was that one day and that is it. If you have a trail cam, you see him when he is not scared and you know that he waters every 3rd day at 4:00. A trail cam gives you much more and better info than spotlighting and flying ever do. People that have a bunch of trail cams out then bag on people that fly, are hypocrytes. you can use trail cams during the hunt, but you can't fly. What is the difference between using a trail cam during the hunt or spotlighting? A trail cam you could check at daylight and know a buck had been there and hunt him. People that think flying in August before all the hunts are this great advantage come October have never flown much.

I don't know about where you live, but in Ca., if you even move your vehicle into a position to see a game animal in the headlights and you have ANYTHING in the vehicle capable of killing that animal, you can be in deep doo-doo.

I seriously doubt that many guides are spotlighting deer. You would have to be an idiot with nothing to lose.

Flying is also not very productive in most places. You cannot see enough animals to make it worthwhile, unless you are actually buzzing close to the ground, again illegal and you could lose your license. Another idiot with nothing to lose?

A hundred trail cams won't provide you with much more information than a moderately skilled deer hunter can determine by reading sign. You still have to be there when the deer is.

All these stories about the "EVIL GUIDE" concept.....funny how few of them ever actually get charged with these "heinous crimes against humanity".

Who cares about all this chit anyway? Geez.....Man up and go hunting and quit whining about everybody else!

Nickman you are foolish to think that they dont do it.

This is how they do the spotlighting, it is legal to spotlight as long as you dont have a weapon, the guides go spotlighting all night long without a weapon to locate the buck and then they know where the buck is, then come first light they get hunter and weapon and go after the buck. NO law broken just a poor hunting ethic that is being used.

If Chute planes,spotlighting and trail cams are not right what about scopes,long range rifles, optics??????, I wish they would outlaw ATV's except for the handycaped people.

You know, I had one of the great mule deer hunters of our time telling me that one day of flying a chute plane is worth 5 days of on the ground scouting. My understanding is that a person can cover HUGE amounts of ground in a plane. I would imagine it's true. I think a guy with a chute plane, enjoys the same advantage as a rifle hunter does over a bowhunter. That's my opinion.
As for trail cams, I haven't used them, but they definitely give a person an advantage over a guy who doesn't use them in areas where they are effective. Spotlighting does too!
I think all this great technology is going to bite us all in the butt. Less tags is what we'll get.
What'll it be like in 20 years????????

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

What'll it be like in 20 years????????

Well think about it!
The Technology keeps going & going!
The Mule Deer management has been piss poor for nearly 40 years now,think it'll change in another 20?

It won't be long You'll be able to set your Game-Cam up and watch it all on your TV,maybe we can set a gun up at the location & have the trigger at the house all remote controlled,then get on your cell phone & hire/pay somebody to go gut it & haul it to the meat locker,all done by pushing buttons & never leaving the house!

GOOD GAWD!!!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Brain, you put it perfect. All of our technology is making us very good at getting wildlife. In the end higher success and less tags.

I know some guys that are military helicopter drivers. They do alot of scouting at night with all there special infared gadgets to locate deer numbers.....now that is use of technology!

Heck, trailcams have done more to nail down trophy animals than any invention in the last 30 years

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences"
Robert Green Ingersoll

I think spotlighting is wrong to spotlight your deer for the next morin its unethical. But spotlighting for coyotes and bobcats is alright i hunt for the coyotes at night cause were im from its hard to see yotes during the day so spoting more yotes at night and harvesting them will help save the deer.... :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom