Christensen Arms new optics

never_catch

Long Time Member
Who else took a glance thru these at the expo last weekend?? What did you guys think?? For the money I can't believe how lightweight, durable, and clear they seemed...thinking about getting the 85mm scope and 10x42 bino but would like to hear more opinions than just the guy at the show telling me how great they were...

~Z~

I have seen advertisments for Christensen Optics before. Weren't they in or near the King's booth? I didn't think they were the same guys as the Christensen Arms, but I suppose they could be.

FH

Yea they were on the south end of the Kings booth...I have heard of them before but honestly never really heard anything on anything specific, how great of products have they really built in the past?? How good are thier rifle scopes in low light??

They had a 10x42 bino ($319) that I felt compared equally to Cabelas Euros ($900). Higher end spotting scopes I'm not really sure on though...I've only been using a Nikon 60 power ($500), C.A.'s 85mm blew it out of the water at only $552...actually the 60mm at $303 did too but I'd go with the 85 over the 60. I'm hoping to hear if anyone that is use to looking thru a Swaro, Zeiss, or Leica took a gander thru the C.A's scopes at the expo??

~Z~

Hey guys, just for clarification. Christensen Arms and Christensen Optics are not the same company. Both are based in Utah and Nevada but have no connection.

My buddy has one of their spotting scopes and it seems very good. I heard that they are manufactured in the same plant as Vortex?? I don't know if this is true or just a rumor. Seems like good glass for the price.

}}-SLIVER-->

I have a set of their 10x42's as well as one of their spotters and have thus far been very impressed. I have nothing but good to say about them.
redelkarcher>>>------------------->

Yeah I am thinking about buying some binos, but don't know much about the Christensen Optics. I am not sure to go buy the Swarovski or Leica. Can anyone help, they claim the Christensen Optics are just as good.

I don't know anything about Christensen Optics, but the only way to compare them against the big 3 (Swaro, Leica, Zeiss) is to take them all out and test them in varying conditions - low light, high afternoon sun, etc.

First, it looks like Christensen Optics needs to get better information on the website. No way to tell much about them. But, I'd like to try their top end glass. I did a little google search and the manufacturer is pretty clearly indicated as Chongqinn Optics in Chongqinn, China. Chinese optics have come a long way in quality in the last few years. From conversations I've had with Vortex, I think there are two major Japanese companies, and three Chinese with which they do business, so it would probably not be too much of a stretch for at least some of the Vortex product comes from the same place as the Christensen.

I also would not discount the "close to alpha" either. There is a pretty new Chinese optic on the market for maybe six months that is simply outstanding from an image quality standpoint. The first of this model to show up came through CameralandNY. It's called the Promaster Infinity Elite ELX ED. There is another called the Hawke Frontier ED. Hawke is English, but has a US dealer network. The third, and maybe the best is the Zen Ray ZEN ED. ZR is a relatively young Oregon company. Anyway, these are an open bridge glass, but fall into the same price range as the Christensen, and WILL give anything a real run for their money in terms of image quality. Durability issues have to be determined, obviously. So I really would like to get my hands on a Christensen. I have both the Promaster and ZEN.

very good article n that newspaper. Learned alot on that article. Ended up buying the compact 10x42 for alot cheaper than the euros. very happy with the 20x60x60 spotting scope, lite weight perfect for the pack.

They're on par with the Vortex Vipers, Leupold Wind Rivers, etc., but anyone thinking they're getting Leica, Swarovski or Zeiss quality glass for $300.00 - $400.00 is dreaming.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom