CHOPPER CRASH

YukonDall

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-10 AT 07:04PM (MST)[p] A CHOPPER CRASH IN MADERA COUNTY CALIFORNIA KILLED 3 FISH & GAME OFFICERS, THEY WERE DOING A WINTER DEER COUNT ON THE DEER HERD. ONE OFFICER SURVIVED THE CRASH.....THIS TOOK PLACE THIS EARLY AFTERNOON IN THE REDINGER LAKE AREA.

UP DATE; THE 4TH OFFICER DIED ALSO, THEIR BELL 206 CRAFT CLIPPED A HIGH POWER WIRE.........YD.

That too bad, My prayers goes out to their Families.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Damn....Thats just down the hill from me...Thats to bad

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

This is very tragic, please keep all of them in your prayers. The 3 DFG employees were biologists from the Fresno office, and the pilot was also killed.

what a trajedy...Landell's lost one with DFG in 1988 in the clark mtns in ca......##### Landell, founder of the company and one dfg man died in that one. This will be tough on everyone in the F&G, Landell's and those poor families.....terrible accident.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Yes, this will be tough on all concerned. DFG uses Landells Aviation because they are very skilled and work well with the department. This is tough and dangerous flying they do. I flew with Don Landells on several flights back in 1985 & 1986 on sheep capture/relocation projects that DFG was doing, and he was an excellent pilot. When Don crashed and was killed, they were doing a desert sheep survey. They were stuck in a canyone and couldn't get enough lift to climb out. They struck a rock after several attempts and crashed.

Today, their pilot hit a power line in a canyon. Landells are good people, and they deserve our support in this difficult time. DFG does as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom